Abbotsford Maternity Group is a team of family physicians committed to providing excellent maternity care to women and their babies through pregnancy, delivery and the first 7 weeks post-partum. We are looking for a friendly, professional and hard-working Senior Medical Office Assistant with at least 5 years medical office experience who thrives in a team-based environment. As we are a busy community practice, the successful applicant will be an independent and quick learner, adept at multi-tasking, while ensuring our patients are welcomed and cared for through-out all aspects of their care.
- Patient booking.
- Patient check in and check out.
- Ensuring exam rooms are clean and appropriately stocked.
- Booking ultrasounds and coordinating specialist appointments.
- Sending and receiving faxes.
- Coordinating with other MOAs and physician staff.
- Have a passion for assisting pregnant mothers and their babies.
- Customer service as well as reception and office administrative experience.
- Strong initiative and multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel)
- EMR experience (Preferably with OSCAR) is required.
- Previous experience in a fast paced health care setting.
What's in it for you:
- Being a part of a supportive, collaborative team who enjoy what we do!
- Full-time employment, M-F (32-40 hours per week) to start ASAP
- Vacation and sick-time - 2 weeks vacation plus 5 paid sick days and 3 unpaid sick days/yr.
- Full benefits, including Extended Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance after a 90-day probationary period.
- Competitive salary, based on your experience - to be negotiated
- Personal and Professional development - when you learn, grow and achieve your goals, we all win.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC V2S 6J3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person