A Breath of Fresh Air
Not Your Stereotypical Accountants
Goal Oriented Results
Our ability to provide dozens of unique services allows us to offer exceptional service to virtually any business sector
Our growth and mentorship structure allows us to build in to our employees to set them up for a long and fruitful future
Due to our healthy workplace culture, ONBusiness is able to help their clients reach their goals consistently and frequently
Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba at two locations, with a fully operational satellite office in Steinbach, Manitoba, our team is constantly growing and is currently comprised of approximately 40 professionals, each fully committed to helping our clients and fellow team members successfully reach their objectives.
With our relaxed, family oriented office environment comes flexibility and familiarity in our student support. On the job training is provided by more senior team members and by the office as a whole. Our office structure ensures that the entire office interacts daily, guaranteeing that senior management is involved in our students’ careers.
We offer the highest level of service to our clients, with client relationships encouraged at all staff levels. In our team you will not simply be performing the work behind the scenes, as opportunities present themselves, we will place you in direct contact with our clients, allowing you to see the impact of your work on their businesses.
The combination of our diverse client base, strong relationships, open office environment and flexible support for our students’ results in what we believe to be an ideal environment for maximum learning and progression through the CPA Professional Education Program.
Our clients consist of professionals, businesses and not for profit organizations located throughout Southern Manitoba. Our client base covers nearly every organizational structure and industry sector. This diversity enables us to provide our students with a broad spectrum of practical experience to complement their professional studies.
Student Experience & Support
Students are assigned a mentor, but are encouraged to seek answers from any member of our team as required. Students are also supported with assistance on issues they are facing in their course of studies. Additional support offered for students includes payment of all annual student dues, module fees, Densmore CFE prep fees and common final examination fees. In addition, time off is provided for studying prior to and during examinations.
ONBusiness is a rapidly growing firm with opportunities for advancement regularly presenting themselves. As a result of the experience and support offered to our students we find that they quickly progress to more senior roles within our firm. Our unique approach to client relationships and product delivery allows our team members to quickly define themselves as professionals within the community.
We recognize that there is life outside of work! As a result we do our best to ensure a reasonable balance between the expectations placed on our team members and their personal lives. This is displayed through flexible work hours, and arrangements for students still completing their university studies.
We are looking for two Senior Accountants to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Managers of the Financial Services Division, Senior Accountants are responsible for providing the highest level of service to our clients on all assignments. These assignments will consist of the preparation and completion of work of the Financial Services Division including preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with professional standards, ONBusiness standards, reasonableness, accounting standards & tax legislation. Senior Advisors are involved in the training of articling students and provide guidance to Junior Accountants. Also, maintaining a positive relationship with shareholders, clients and the ONBusiness team.
- Preparation of review and notice to reader working paper files
- Conduct external financial statement audits
- Perform financial and systems analysis
- Preparation of more complex corporate, personal and trust income tax returns
- Depending on work assignments available, the successful candidate may also be tasked with other work as necessary, reporting to other experienced Advisors/Managers
- Preparation of year-end files (corporate, partnership, sole proprietorship) in the Financial Services division, including the following, all with minimal or no involvement by the owners:
- Completion and documentation of the file in an efficient manner, including:
- Ensuring the lead sheets agree to the front of the file and the external financial statements;
- The file flows from back to front;
- The file supports the financial statements;
- The file is documented and complete in the ONBusiness way (see Financial Services Operations Manual);
- Preparation of the financial statements to the point that they are ready to present to the client, including:
- Financial statement presentation issues are resolved;
- Accounting issues are uncovered, and suggestions are provided and resolved;
- Preparation of the tax return in a manner that is ready to present to the client, including:
- Tax issues are uncovered, and suggestions are provided and resolved;
- Resolution and completion of review notes prepared by Financial Services Managers;
- Consultation with Financial Services Managers to solve issues raised, where necessary;
- Identification and resolution of accounting & other issues as raised by client during year-end process;
- Taking ownership of the client; becoming the first contact with the client;
Qualifications/Skills, Experience, and Personal Attributes:
- CPA Designation (may consider equivalent experience with some formal training in any of these programs)
- Hands-on experience in accounting, corporate & personal tax preparation;
- Solid knowledge of, and skills in, corporation tax (advance level);
- Solid knowledge of, and skills in, personal tax (advance level);
- Solid knowledge of, and skills in, accounting & bookkeeping (advanced level);
- IT skills – Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, Caseware, Profile; Jazz-It;
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, electronic);
- Proficient keyboarding skills;
- A positive attitude with a desire to exceed expectations;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent time management skills (organization & prioritization);
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple tasks.
Please apply via the link below: