Grow your career with Remco!! A leader in the warehousing & transportation industry as a Corporate Accountant, where you will be responsible for managing the financial transactions and records of a corporation on a daily basis as well as ensuring that financial data is accurate, and that financial statements for all divisions are prepared in a timely manner.
Send us your resume today! We would love to see it!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Preparing financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement under the umbrella of Remco Group
· Responsible for maintaining the general ledger, reconciling accounts, and managing the chart of accounts.
· Perform month-end and year-end close activities, including reconciling accounts, posting journal entries, and preparing financial reports.
· Conducting financial analysis and analyze financial data to identify trends, patterns, and areas of concern.
· Review monthly general ledger report.
· Reconcile AR and AP GL to the subledgers on a monthly basis.
· Reconcile all balance sheets to appropriate lead sheets, including Inventory and fixed assets continuity schedules.
· Reconcile all bank accounts.
· Create and post journal entries.
· File GST, QST payments and other regular government filings.
· Perform account analysis, following up with appropriate departments on any discrepancies.
· Respond to internal inquiries regarding G/L account postings.
· Assist with annual audits.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and standards
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel
For over 50+ years Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the innovative leader in warehousing & distribution with locations in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver and a distribution network that reaches Canada's retail stores and outlets on a scheduled basis.
What distinguishes the Remco team most is the can-do attitude and flexibility of our people. Each member of our team takes personal pride in helping our clients gain momentum towards greater success.
At Remco we act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience has led to success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.
If you are selected to participate in recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise our Human Resources department of any accommodation(s) needed to ensure your equal participation. Any information collected relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Work Location: In person