The IOOF has recently embarked on the largest capital project in the IOOF’s history, with the launch of a $1.2 million redevelopment campaign to expand the facility to a 226-bed long-term care home. This transformative revitalization will create 64 new long-term care beds and 66 upgraded beds, modern spaces, updated equipment, private rooms, and increased square footage.
As our facility embarks upon this exciting expansion, our team is growing too! We are adding RN’s, RPN’s, PSW's and Care Support Assistants (CSA).
The IOOF provides benefits to full and part time employees. We recognize previous recent and related experience for the purposes of wage increments to the maximum of the wage grid.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is part of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for assisting in the functioning of the unit, resident care, staff and surroundings within her/his scope of practice. The RPN can practice independently only in situations where the outcome is predictable and the risk is low. The RPN consults with the Registered Nurse (RN) in all other situations. These responsibilities shall be carried out in accordance with The IOOF Seniors Homes Inc., mission, vision, values, policies and procedures, collective agreements and applicable legislation and regulations.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be deemed qualifying.
Preferred areas are considered an asset and will be deemed as more qualifying.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing;
- Current professional membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse is mandatory;
- Diploma in Gerontology from an accredited College or University preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years clinical and/or management experience in a Long Term Care setting preferred;
- Post graduate studies in Geriatric and Nursing Administration - an asset;
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with nursing and health care practices as well as knowledge in Infection Control and Wound care preferred;
- Proficient working knowledge of computers including advanced skill in the use of Point Click Care (PCC) and Point of Care (POC) preferred;
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007and related Ontario Regulations;
- Be familiar with Compliance and Enforcement under the LTCHA – the LTC Quality Inspection Program and the Inspection Protocols (IP’s) for Resident Care;
- Good understanding of Continuous Quality Management (CQI) principles, legislative requirements for nursing services;
- Full computer literacy including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, database maintenance, and computerized Resident charting;
- Ability to work with and relate to interdisciplinary team members, Management and other internal/external stakeholders;
- Ability to supervise, delegate, counsel and educate RPN and PSW staff
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and prioritize and deal effectively with competing priorities
- Ability to perform as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive working attitude and team building skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Mature judgment, good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective listening skills
- Well organized with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Clear aptitude for detail-oriented work
- Diplomacy and discretion
IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in the recruitment and selection process for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise when you are contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards).
If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability, please let us know.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $27.76 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Nursing: 1 year (preferred)
- College of Nurses of Ontario Registration (required)
- Practical Nursing Diploma or equivalent (required)
Work Location: In person