Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our U.S. Corporate Tax team as an Accountant. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll deliver innovative, strategic plans that address clients’ cross-border needs and minimize tax liability.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in 1 document.
- Develop technical skills in areas such as corporate income tax compliance, tax accounting, tax research and writing
- Develop and apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, bilateral income tax treaties and related legislation
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses, manage multiple files simultaneously and conduct inventory counts
- Research various tax related issues and conclude on their potential implications
- Collect and analyze relevant financial and tax data
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Establish charts of accounts and prepare entries for posting to accounts
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns for various types of entities
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationship with client contacts
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Successfully obtained, or working towards, a Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Working towards all necessary qualifications to write the U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exams (or completion of, or willingness to work towards, an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Enrolled Agent designation if not pursuing a U.S. CPA)
- Previous tax or accounting related office experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software is preferred
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, 4 paid personal days, a group pension plan with 4% matching, voluntary savings products, bonus programs, flexible benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!