Baker Tilly HMA LLP and its predecessor firm have been providing professional services across Manitoba since 1957. In that time, the firm’s staff contingent has grown significantly, and we are proud to have built a group of talented, ambitious professionals who are passionate about what we do and committed to exceeding the expectations of clients.
Our client base is exceptionally diverse and includes local owner-managed businesses, not-for-profit organizations, governments, professionals, and individuals. We have industry experience in Indigenous services, automotive dealerships, medical professionals, legal professionals, insurance brokerages, not-for-profits, hospitality and tourism, real estate, construction, retail, and others.
Our growing Winnipeg office is a modern, newly renovated facility, situated in the vibrant downtown Sports Hospitality and Entertainment District.
We have strong community roots and believe in providing our clients with high quality personalized services. Our success depends upon attracting, developing, and retaining strong professionals and clients. Baker Tilly will help you achieve more than what was thought possible.
- Preparing corporate and personal tax returns
- Reviewing general ledger accounts, proposing, and adjusting journal entries
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Provide assistance and support to clients on accounting and bookkeeping issues
- Proactively follow up with clients and build positive working relationships
- Effectively respond to requests or queries, and keep the team apprised of any potential issues
- Working on special projects as required
- College or university education in accounting or equivalent prior experience
- Currently pursuing, or interested in pursuing CPA designation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in public practice accounting, experience with small business is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office, CaseWare and using tax preparation software
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional manner, strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sound understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business and maintain strong client relationships