Role Title: Business Development Rep
Location: Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec
FLSA Status: Salary + Commissions
Job Function: Sales
Role Purpose / Position Summary
Business Development Reps will be responsible for prospecting, soliciting, and acquiring new customers leveraging C.A.T. Global services (including but not limited to: Truckload, LTL, Intermodal) Sells C.A.T transportation services to new and existing customers in support of business unit growth and profitability objectives. Develops pricing and sourcing solutions for both short term and long-term transportation opportunities. Navigate sale cycle from lead, prospect, develop, quote and close.
Key Accountabilities / Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge in transportation service sector, FTL (Full truck load), LTL (Less than truck load), IMDL (Rail)
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold calling
- Find new customers and drive new sales opportunities by identifying key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach.
- Prospect via phone, internet, fieldwork, referrals, industry networking, and trade shows
- Contact and conduct initial discovery with customers via phone and email. Facilitate face-to-face meetings, present proposals and solutions, close business
- Has continuous engagement with new and existing customers to maintain close relationships and ensures ongoing success with accounts
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues for growth. Manage multiple projects simultaneously with organized skill.
- Collaborate internally with various teams on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Manage onboarding of new customers with operations.
- Works with supervision to ensure alignment with pipeline development, planning and forecasting.
- Excel in customer expectations, communicate any service exceptions.
- Ability to navigate through internal CRM software.
- Team player
Decision Making Authority:
- Has the ability to work independently
- Leads pricing process with internal support
- Client and internal stakeholder meetings
Key Relationships (External & Internal)
Focus (Nature of interaction)
Performance Indicators (What criteria will be used to assess performance)
- Revenue, profit with new and existing customers.
Qualifications / Capability Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Equivalent Professional Experience.
Minimum Experience (indicate depth & breadth)
- 1-2 Years of prior sales experience in any field
Minimum Knowledge/Skills / Abilities (indicate intensity & duration)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated ability to effectively network and build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and follow through
- Attentive to detail
- Professional, positive attitude
- More importantly, enjoy what you do.
Frequent (> 25%)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: