Astro Box Corporation is a trusted name in paper packaging. We've been manufacturing high quality Folding Cartons for over 40 years and we're looking for a strong leader to help us continue to grow. Prior exposure to the Folding Carton industry is preferred, we strongly encourage individuals from the print and paper packaging industry to apply! You will oversee the plant and all shop floor personnel to ensure a safe work environment that is committed to quality and efficiency. The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined and be able to understand all stages of production and look for ways to improve. Please read through the information below carefully, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Specific responsibilities could include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a clean and safe plant that follows GMP's
- Maintain a friendly and professional workplace culture
- Manage production schedule
- Conduct production meetings and communicate with lead hands
- Manage and provide direction to all shop floor employees in all departments including shipping
- Review operations on a daily basis to resolve production inefficiencies and reduce opportunities for error
- Keep thorough documentation with regards to employees including but not limited to vacations, absences, late arrivals, and disciplinary actions
- Perform Annual Performance Evaluations for all shop floor staff
- Provide training, mentoring and discipline to employees while enforcing corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility and/or equipment maintenance (regular and preventative) or modification.
- Maintain quality benchmarks and implement quality management procedures as needed
- Report to the President and Vice Presidents
- JHSC Health & Safety Management Representative Certificate
- Lean manufacturing
- Management Science
- Food Safety Program Training in any of the following: HACCP, GMP, BRC, SQF, ISO
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
- Prior experience using ERP systems an asset
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 8 years of manufacturing management experience
- Prior experience in the folding carton industry preferred
- Strong background in both manufacturing and machinery processes.
- Post-secondary courses/diploma/degree an asset
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. Oracle, Radius) an asset
- Decision-maker who demonstrates excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have strong leadership, team building and mentoring skills.
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Demonstrates flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to professionally communicate with vendors, customers, and other professionals
Job Type: Full-time, Day shift
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$87,500.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON L4K 1G4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Production Supervision: 8 years (required)
- Lean manufacturing: 5 years (preferred)
- HACCP/GMP/BRC: 3 years (preferred)
- Packaging and/or Print Manufacturing: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-12