Branch Location: Any location, PEI
Join Atlantic Canada's largest credit union, Provincial Credit Union and become part of a team committed to positively impacting our island communities. Our core values of People, Purpose, and Possibility guide our mission of providing sound financial advice, planning, and education to our members. We believe in empowering our employees to deliver and support quality member experiences and fostering engagement within our communities. Join us in making a difference as we lead the way in serving the financial needs of islanders.
What You’ll Do:
- Study current data sources to develop accurate reporting
- Develop and present dashboards that highlight results and trends
- Conduct deep-dive analysis into business questions across all areas of the credit union
- Scope and prioritize incoming data requests within your workflow
- Coordinate with other data team members on team projects and preserve our data warehouse as the source of truth
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases and or data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities and automate internal processes
- Undertake data gathering, processing and analysis, prepare summaries of findings.
- Ensure the integrity of data, including data extraction, processing, storage, and analysis.
- Create queries and reports that support all departments efforts
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
2+ years of experience in a data analyst role or equivalent education.
Skills and Abilities
- Comfortable manipulating datasets with SQL (familiar with self-joins, window functions, parameters), and have intermediate Python knowledge (user-defined functions, creating API requests, writing efficient loops)
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency combined with data gathering skills
- Quick study on business concepts, metrics, and KPIs
- Sense of ownership and the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple assignments
- Well organized and have effective time management skills
What we offer:
- Outstanding Culture: Join an engaged and community-focused team that fosters a positive work environment.
- Market Competitive Compensation: Enjoy a competitive salary along with an annual bonus program.
- Generous Benefit Package: We provide a comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible health and dental plan, sick time, and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 9% employer contribution.
- Work-Life Balance: Start with three weeks of vacation per year, supplemented by four personal days and two volunteer days.
- Professional Development: Take advantage of tuition reimbursement, training programs, and career progression opportunities.
- Employee Perks: Enjoy additional perks such as an annual fitness and clothing allowance, reduced rates on employee loans and mortgages, and no service fees on banking transactions.
- Salary range for this position: $72,062.15 - $84,779.00.
Join our team at Provincial Credit Union and enjoy a rewarding career with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment that values your growth and well-being.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Closing date is October 4th, 2023 .
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.