We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
We are looking for a Ruby Developer responsible for building Ruby applications, including anything from complex groups of back-end microservices to command line utilities and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Interface with clients as required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementation of ruby on rails project development.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
- Experience with popular web application frameworks such as Rails
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
- Experience with Postgres and MS SQL Server.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning
- Familiarity with development aiding tools: Bundler, Rake
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Strong Knowledge of object-oriented programming, Design Concepts & Design patterns and secure API's using Webservices.
- Strong knowledge of React.
- Good knowledge on debugging the application.
- Good knowledge on deployment and configuration part.
- Very good Troubleshooting & Analytical skills.
- Experience with Windows environments.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
Desired (but not required):
- Work experience in cloud services Azure, AWS.
- Knowledge of other programming languages: Java, .Net, NodeJS, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting in Linux.