TNG Legal Services MDP ("MDP") is looking for an experienced lawyer to join the Penticton branch of our busy practice.
We are BC's first lawyer/BC Notary multi-disciplinary practice (combining BC Notaries and lawyers in the same firm), and have one of BC's biggest notarial practices in our partner, The Notary Group. The successful candidate will be able to understand the many benefits a successful notarial practice can bring to their work.
While our work covers the entire Okanagan Valley, this position will be located in Penticton.
Reports directly to MDP's managing partner. The successful candidate will be able to “hit the ground running”, and help us build on our ongoing practice, working from in-house referrals and their own resources. You will work independently on a day to day basis, but will have an extensive support team remotely supporting you.
Experience and Education
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- corporate law, including incorporations and managing registered and records offices for small businesses, drafting partnership or shareholder agreements and other documents required to help our clients establish sole proprietorships, societies, incorporations or partnerships
- estate administration, including obtaining grants of probate and assisting clients with general administrative support
- estate planning, and the preparation of the necessary personal planning documents to carry out an estate plan
- experience in conveyancing and other real property matters would be useful but not necessary.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- able to respect and interact with the work of other remote legal professionals in a team
- able to work with in-person and remote human and technological resources
- able to balance competing needs
- problem-solving skills
- the ability to develop positive relationships and work collaboratively with other business drivers, legal professionals, clients, accounting support and other stakeholders involved in any given transaction
- an unshakeable focus on deadlines, and the key milestones required to accomplish those deadlines
- an ability understand and comply with the LSBC's governing documents and requirements
In addition to other duties which may be necessary to carry out our Customer Service Goals and client engagements, our lawyer will:
- work with us to develop a plan for their success
- work closely with the support staff (both remote and in-person) on their files in furtherance of these goals, including helping with any training that may be required
- work with our accounting team to ensure successful completion of all financial aspects of each file, including:
- standard invoicing for transactional work
- determination of retainers and billings on files which require ongoing work
- any other duties which may be required to successfully complete our engagements with our clients, or manage our clients' expectations, or meet the requirements of our various governing bodies.
Interested? Here are a few additional benefits the successful candidate would enjoy:
- flexible remuneration structure, based on your experience, your ability to bring in new work, and your ability to take advantage of and work from existing in-house clientele
- access to a benefits package upon successful completion of a probationary period
- established offices and centralized administration (no need to manage your own trust accounts, negotiate leases, accounts payables or receivables!)
- the ability to have a balanced life in a beautiful location
Contact us for more information, or to send us your resume. All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Member good standing, Law Society of Canadian jurisdiction (required)
Work Location: In person