We are looking for an experienced Family Law Clerk to join our collegial, dedicated, excellent team. Interesting and varied work, offices in a downtown heritage building, humane hours, competitive compensation and benefits. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of work experience within family law.
- Prepare, draft and review legal documents such as financial statements, net family property statements, financial disclosure and court forms;
- Draft correspondence to clients, and opposing counsel;
- Prepare and organize documents to be served and filed;
- Draft pleadings, motion materials, conference briefs, affidavits, and other court forms;
- Some general and administrative duties, as required, including saving emails, scanning, and filing documents;
- Maintain a solid bring forward system; and
- Docket time spent on files.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in family law;
- Law Clerk Diploma/Certificate;
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong administrative, organizational and prioritization skill
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience with DivorceMate and Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Knowledge of the Family Law Rules, legal procedures, and statutes
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit your Resume and CV to Daniela at [email protected]
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $53,656.72-$112,550.05 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5J 1W9