Job Title: Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant
Job #: 16249
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: In office
Our client, a reputable Toronto firm is currently looking for a Civil/Commercial Litigation Assistant. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- Multi service large sized law firm.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada, 2023.
- Office conveniently located in Downtown Toronto!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day practice of busy lawyers and their practices;
- Prepare and revise legal documents, correspondence, and presentations;
- Compiling records and briefs as and when required;
- Manage and schedule lawyer’s calendar, appointments, and court dates;
- Assist with coordination of meetings and filings;
- Schedule travel arrangements;
- Manage internal and external communications including calls, mail, faxes, and e-mails;
- Type general correspondence and various legal documents from handwritten notes, phone, or verbal instructions.
- Open, close, and organize electronic and physical files;
- Additional administrative duties as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in Civil and/or Commercial Litigation;
- Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma an asset;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency experience;
- Knowledge of Caselines;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite;
- Eagerness to learn new technology/processes and further develop skills;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Capable working under pressure while managing multiple priorities; and
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
How To Apply:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #16249 in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.comfor new employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person