One of Vaughan's fastest growing law firms is actively recruiting to fill the position of a REAL ESTATE LAW CLERK to joint its team.
Khangura & Bajaj LLP is seeking a Real Estate Secured Lending Law Clerk with at least 3 years of experience in transactional work with knowledge of lending transactions and private mortgages. A background that includes working on residential and commercial real estate transactions would be considered an asset.
If you are an organized, dedicated and hardworking individual looking for an meaningful position in a professional services environment with room for wage growth and increasing responsibilities over time, this is the job for you!
We are looking for qualified candidates who are organized, driven and team players to fulfill this important role within our tight knit organization.
This role provides a great opportunity for the successful candidate to work closely with our team of lawyers, legal support staff and our accounting department gaining valuable work experience.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Supporting a Secured Lending and Private Lending Real Estate practice with a particular emphasis on purchases, refinances as well as discharges and transfers of charges.
- Conduct title and off title searches.
- Document preparation in Teraview.
- Maintain filing systems.
- Assist with general practice management, administration and some clerical duties as required
- Calendar management
- Administrative duties as required.
- Other business related duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience of Real Estate Law within a law firm.
- The role offers some flexibility re hybrid work.
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Experience with real estate law would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Unity and Teraview considered an asset, otherwise training can be provided.
- Flexible to work over time as required
- Handle time pressure situations and stress of multiple shifting demands
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to the changing demands of the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties including a positive telephone presence;
- Demonstrate self-direction & flexibility in handling various office administrative duties;
- Basic to Intermediate Knowledge of Conveyancing Software, Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Handle the pressures of working in a fast-paced environment, including balancing deliverables from multiple individuals with varying levels of importance and urgency & be able to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve with limited supervision;
- Remarkable teamwork & organizational skills are essential in this role; and
- University/college degree is an asset, but not a requirement
- Any language skills (verbal) considered to be an asset.
We thank you for your interest in joining Khangura & Bajaj LLP, however, only selected candidates who match our recruitment criteria will be contacted for next steps and interviews. No agencies, please.
Anticipated Start Date: Anytime between October 2nd and onwards.
Please ensure to include a Cover Letter with your Resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person