We are seeking to add a Legal Administrative Assistant to support our Commercial Finance Team. The ideal candidate will have strong multi-tasking skills, excellent written communication skills, and has the ability to work independently. Previous commercial finance or conveyancing skills are an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of security documents for commercial purchases. This position focuses on lender side financing only;
- Document editing, file maintenance and management, time entry and billing;
- Performing a variety of searches including Personal Property Registry, LTSA, and taxes;
- Managing calendars and bring forward systems to ensure important deadlines are met;
- Liaise with other legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients regarding file progress;
- Provide overflow assistance to legal assistants, paralegals and lawyers;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a legal environment or equivalent experience;
- Legal Administrative Assistant certification from an accredited institution, or equivalent education;
- Strong computer and technical skill including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent writing and drafting skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- Has the ability to work both independently and a part of a collegial team;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including a keen ability to communicate in a courteous, professional and mature manner;
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters;
- Highly dependable and adaptable with great work ethic;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, life
- Paid Time Off: vacation and sick days
- Corporate Culture: annual summer and year end party, lunch time festivities, and many other social events
- Flexible work hours
What we offer
Diversity and Inclusion: We value diversity and being a welcoming workplace where people feel comfortable being themselves, and where they have equal opportunity to fulfill their potential.
Growth & Development: We proudly grow our people and promote from within the organization. We also provide incentive programs to encourage our support staff to take further education at recognized colleges or universities;
A fun and collaborative work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-04