ASSA ABLOY Door Security Solutions provides end-users (healthcare facilities, schools, universities, military, commercial buildings, etc.) with unsurpassed security and life-safety solutions and the essential support services (LEED consultation, code compliance, access control system integration, product research and selection, specification writing services, technical support, etc.) to ensure well-functioning doorway systems in the commercial building industry. This is all accomplished by combining the strengths of industry-leading door and hardware brands.
Great news! We are currently seeking an IT Support Specialist to be based in our Gallery Specialty Hardware office in North York.
The IT Support Specialist is based in North York, Ontario. The IT Support Specialist will carry out processes to identify, track, escalate, and resolve end-user problems as outlined by the team lead. Responsibilities will include support of ~210 users spread over 6 locations in Canada, with a primary focus on the 25 users at the Toronto location. Provide first and second level support to computer system users, answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person via telephone, or from remote location. The IT Support Specialist can expect to have exposure to enterprise networking, world-class technologies, and collaborating in a global community. The ideal candidate must have the ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced technical environment.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
- Provide day-to-day support of all end-user hardware, software, and accounts/access.
- Diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical problems, either over the phone or face-to-face
- Work within transactional ticketing system, documenting incidents, and resolutions; Keep users updated of status.
- Will work collaboratively with stakeholders to schedule and manage daily workload and special projects.
- Will be responsible for coordinating and deploying the daily work of contracted services to ensure efficient remedy of Help Desk support requests.
- Will be responsible for assisting and informing the purchasing process, configuring, and installing new devices, and assisting with inventory management.
- Will deploy computers to new users and for replacements when needed.
- Will, along with the rest of the team, monitor and manage the security of client systems.
- Perform ad-hoc training for end users in the proper use of hardware and/or software.
- Will provide an exemplary and professional interface between the IT department and all customers by sending and receiving email, phone, and in person communications to ensure that information flow is accurate, timely, and professional.
- Remains available to fulfill assigned “on call” responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- College, bachelor's degree, or on the job experience equivalent. Industry Certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years combined progressive experience working in a service desk environment, and/or providing hands on technical support. Preferred experience working directly with end users in an office/manufacturing environment.
- Experience supporting and maintaining the following: Microsoft Suite of Products (OS, M365, etc.), General Network troubleshooting, Computer Hardware and Peripherals, Common Application Packages (PDF, Citrix, DWG, etc.), VOIP, Anti-virus solutions, Printers (Laser, Dot Matrix, Thermal), VPN Solutions and File Shares
- Previous experience and high comfortable level of working within Microsoft Active Directory, Development of software deployment strategies, Video Conferencing solutions, CAD software and Telecom solutions
- Experience with Dell Hardware platforms.
- Experience working in an ITIL Service Desk environment.
- Experience with Remote Support work.
- Up to 50% of time may be spent in our North York location.
- Up to 5% Travel may be required in support of rollouts, corporate acquisitions, and other company projects.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Proven ability to work with multiple users across multiple facilities.
- Excellent customer service
- A can-do attitude.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Working in office environment.
- Employer-paid Benefit plan
- Competitive Retirement plan
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive team environment
- A stable and growing industry!
Interested applicants (internal & external) can apply online at www.assaabloy.com/career
ASSA ABLOY welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Experience a safer and more open world.