Application Details – Please submit a cover letter & resume by Oct. 9, 2023.
About the Role
Type: Part-time Contractor, approximately 3-5 hours per week
Location: Remote & Eastern Shore, Nova Scotia
Reporting to: Executive Director, working closely with the Well-Being HUB
Start Date: October 23, 2023
- Conduct full cycle of accounting – Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Reconciliations.
- Administration of payroll files, ROE, termination and remittance; Process biweekly payroll through QuickBooks Online; Submit monthly payroll remittance; Annual T4 and T4A returns.
- Process accounts payable through QuickBooks Online; Record accounts receivable.
- Manage bank deposits of cheques and cash. (may be performed by Bookkeeper or Admin staff).
- Prepare returns for government (e.g. PSB rebate, WCB, year end financials for joint stocks).
- Post financial transactions to accounts and prepare financial statements.
- Work with the Treasurer on the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors; assess any changes necessary.
- Implement a financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the billing and collection schedule is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Provide quarterly finance reports to treasurer and staff.
- At least two years of overall professional experience; ideally three-plus years in a non-profit setting including the use of projects in accounting software.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online, or similar accounting software
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel or any other spreadsheet
- Deep understanding of accounting principles
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with multiple funding sources and employee information
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making
- A multitasker with the ability to juggle tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Required to adhere to all federal and provincial tax laws regarding the income received from this contract.
About the organization
The Well-Being HUB was launched in 2020 as a way for service providers and community organizations to work together to identify and fill gaps in well-being services through the Eastern Shore and Musquodoboit Valley. Our network of health and social care providers work together to connect community members with programs, resources, services to offer wrap around supports within community.
We support people who are aging in place, transitioning to supportive care, and providing unpaid care to their loved ones. Our goals are to support community members remaining in their homes and communities longer and to ensure unpaid care partners can access supports close to home. In the next year we will be expanding our services in mental health & addictions and expanding our staff team.
The Well-Being HUB bookkeeper will play a key role in monitoring our financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate records including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. The bookkeeper will also perform regular accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
This position requires someone who is organized, detail-oriented and who can multi-task in a fast-paced work atmosphere. The ideal candidate is a team-player who can work with on-site and remote staff, who is an excellent planner and who can play a leadership role in keeping things running smoothly.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications along with your contractor fee expectations to the Well-Being HUB at [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
Application deadline: October 9, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
As an equity seeking network, Well-Being HUB encourages applications from individuals representing the full diversity of communities in Canada, such as ability, age, class, gender, race, and sexual orientation. Please self-identify in your application.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 5-7 per week
Salary: $25.00-$29.75 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-09
Expected start date: 2023-10-23