Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Montreal office is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the US Corporate Tax team and own the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and review US tax returns for corporate and partnership tax returns
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of tax concepts and application of tax knowledge as it relates to U.S. Corporate Federal and state income tax compliance
- Conduct tax research at federal and state levels, thoroughly analyzing U.S. cross-border tax issues
- Communicate with Internal Revenue Service, as well as State tax authorities
- Collaborate with tax teams across the firm to build relationships and contributes to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development
- Engage in training staff and invest in the professional development of your team
- Build positive working relationships with clients and provide effective support for engagements
How do we define success for your role?
You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
You understand your clients ' industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education
- You are in pursuit of your Canadian or US Tax CPA designation
- You have three years' experience in public accounting with exposure to US Tax
- You are motivated to gain expertise in US Tax
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Strong project management, organizational skills and the ability to work with tight deadlines
Earn your US CPA Designation
At BDO, we are committed to the success of students pursuing their CPA designation. This role provides you the opportunity to pursue the US CPA designation as you will be working on US Tax matters. The US CPA designation is recognized worldwide. We provide mentorship and support, reimbursement of exam fees, and flexible options for study leave in order for you to be successful.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer , we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .