Madorin Snyder LLP is a full-service law firm based in Kitchener, Ontario and Listowel, Ontario serving clients throughout Ontario. For over 60 years we have maintained our reputation as specialists in a number of areas of the law including family and insurance law.
We require an individual with a general background and experience in Family, and Litigation Law to join a busy practice.
As the main liaison between clients, lawyers, and court staff, anticipating the next steps is essential to this role, always being prepared and responsive to meet each challenge. This top-notch assistant will be responsible for file management from initial client intake to closing; scheduling all appointments, meetings, discoveries, and court dates; diarizing important dates, and generally keeping the lawyer on track with minimal supervision.
Other administrative tasks include the preparation of memoranda, correspondence, cohabitation/separation agreements, simple divorces, and various other legal documents from oral, written, and/or dictated instructions. The successful candidate will work together with other team members to ensure a seamless and positive experience for our clients.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience;
- Strong computer knowledge in the following programs: MS Word, Divorcemate, ACL, LEAP, and SpeechLive;
- Knowledge of Family Law Rules and Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Preparing legal documents (applications, affidavits and etc.), from written, oral, and dictated instructions and precedents, E-Filing documents through Court Portal;
- Professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced high volume environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with clients, lawyers, and staff; and
- Must be organized, thorough, and have high attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON N2G 4W1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- family legal assistant: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person