Parian Logistics provides corporate shared support services and third-party logistics to a group of affiliated Canadian retailers, including Urban Barn, Auld Phillips, Warehouse One, Ricki’s, Bootlegger, and cleo. Parian Logistics’ corporate support services include accounting and finance, logistics and distribution, digital marketing, customer service, information technology, real estate and store construction services.
Our Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day accounting operations and month-end and year-end reporting cycles for the business units. The Senior Accountant is a senior team member and has superior organizational, teamwork, and analytical abilities with a keen attention to detail.
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid work environment with the flexibility to work remotely two days per week
- Expand your closet with 50% off regular priced product across the retail brands we support: Warehouse One, Bootlegger, Ricki’s and Cleo
- Casual day - everyday! Our casual dress code allows you to be comfortable and feel your best at work!
- Growth Opportunities – access to unlimited e-learning, professional development reimbursement, ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities
- Paid sick and personal days allotted annually
- Complete benefits package including extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, disability coverage, mental health and life wellness supports
- Our corporate office, which we call our Service Office, is a modern workspace with lots of natural light, outdoor green space and collaborative meeting spaces
What you’ll be a part of
As a Senior Accountant you will:
- Participate in the month-end and year-end processes and procedures of the business units
- Prepare and maintain general ledger account reconciliations on a consistent basis
- Work with business units to track status of projects
- Prepare budget to actual variance analysis on project expenses
- Prepare journal entries, cost allocations, and intercompany accounting entries
- Review coding of invoices with a high level of accuracy
- Support stakeholders with guidance on accounting related queries
- Assist with and compile requested materials for the annual external audits
- Recommend opportunities for efficiencies within the department
- Provide support and mentorship to finance team colleagues
- Supporting the business and senior leadership through various ad hoc projects and analytics
- Provide superior customer service to internal stakeholders aligned with Parian Logistics’ DC2values
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you bring
- Minimum of three years of professional accounting experience
- Project accounting experience is preferred
- A graduate of a Finance or Accounting post-secondary university program
- Completion of or current enrollment in the CPA program is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
- Proficiency with financial accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics experience) is an asset
- Ability to work and achieve timelines under pressure and among competing priorities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with a customer service orientation
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem-solving ability, and critical attention to detail
- Focused on positive customer experiences and delivering superior service to clients
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Sales, logistics/distribution, and/or retail industry experience is an asset
Ready to learn more? Submit your resume!
Parian Logistics achieves excellence and delivers superior service to customers through teamwork, communication, and integrity while embodying our DC2 Values:
DO THE RIGHT THING. At Parian, doing the right thing matters. Its in the way we treat our customers, our coworkers, and our work in general. Doing the right thing is critical – from making sure we are working in a way that keeps everyone in our workplace safe to finding ways to support our community!
COLLABORATE ALWAYS. The strengths of many are always better than the strengths of a few. At Parian we leverage the talents, ideas, and strengths of everyone, from our co-workers to our client-partners. We work as a team and respect what each person brings to our organization.
DETERMINED TO DELIVER. At Parian we deliver product and we deliver results. Our clients rely on us because we come through for them. We are committed, reliable and we take ownership of our results.
COST CONSCIOUSNESS. We provide amazing value to our clients by providing great service with a price tag that supports their business goals. Being cost conscious is about making sensible decisions with our resources and innovating for optimization. All of our team members are encouraged and empowered to find ways to help us create more value for our customers.
At Parian Logistics we are all about working together to make people feel great, feel welcomed, feel like they are able to be themselves and included. Inclusivity is in total alignment with our values and makes us all better. Parian Logistics and our team members are committed to ensuring all people feel welcomed in our office and that our differences are appreciated and celebrated.
Our partner brands are involved in many charitable initiatives, and we join them in supporting their amazing partner charities! The United Way, Make-A-Wish Canada, Canadian Women’s Foundation and Breast Cancer Canada are organizations we enthusiastically support. In Winnipeg, our warehouse operations have a commitment to breaking down barriers to employment and work with supportive agencies to create meaningful work for people with disabilities, newcomers to Canada and those historically underserved.
Parian Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Parian Logistics sincerely appreciates all expressed interest; however only those candidates qualifying for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB