Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our U.S. Corporate Tax team as a Senior Accountant. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll deliver innovative, strategic plans that address clients’ cross-border needs and minimize tax liability.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Conduct U.S. corporate tax engagements involving advice on tax planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues
- Assist organizations in determining the most effective US corporate structure from a tax perspective; as well as assisting clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Assist in performing due diligence or modeling with respect to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of US subsidiaries, partnerships or business operations
- Prepare domestic/international federal and multi-state corporate/partnership information returns
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.)
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business, key risks and identifying ways to maximize client relationships and deliver added value
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Lead engagement teams, developing effective relationships with clients while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Completion of, or working towards, a CPA designation; completion of the CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements will also be considered
- 2 to 4 years of relevant public accounting or tax experience
- Experience working within U.S. personal, partnership, trust and corporate tax within public practice is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!