This role is responsible for budgeting, accounting, audit inquiries, procurement services, payroll, credit and oversees accounting operations. This position reports to the Vice-President of Finance.
- Daily reconcile all bank accounts, deposits and balances, report regularly to management.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and analysis of all financial statements including credit risk information.
- Maintain internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and establish best practices.
- Analyze the company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance.
- Track company invoice obligations, make accurate and timely invoice payments, gain approval where necessary, and identify and report inaccuracies and variance.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts. Develop a model to help track and explain financial trends and provide analysis as required.
- Manage the accounts payable department to ensure the accuracy of all vendor invoices and payments. Work with vendors to resolve any inaccuracies.
- Manage the collection of outstanding accounts receivable balances, customer billing and invoice generation.
- Actively set and monitor customer credit requirements;
- Process accurate and timely administration of payroll and benefits;
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, provincial, payroll, property and other applicable taxes. Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information; and other duties as assigned.
- Completing the month end close accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare company monthly financial statements like cash flow, income/P&L, and balance sheets.
- Monitor company office expenses and track related invoices and payments.
- Collaborate with other accounting and finance team members.
- Assist with corporate audit and other financial reporting requirements as needed.
- Participate in half-year and yearly inventory count.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with SAGE 300 and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills/conflict management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities.
- Proficient in English - both verbal and written.
- Use of computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, viewing a computer screen, typing and may include prolonged periods of concentration.
- Open office concept environment.
* * NO AGENCIES OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE * *
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Based on Experience
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you proficient in English - both verbal and written?
Work Location: In person