Distech Controls’ success and reputation are fueled by our world-class team of employees. We look for qualified individuals who are striving to succeed and that wish to actively contribute to our continued growth. Distech Controls values its team members and offers them a modern, motivating work environment, and competitive salaries and benefits.
Who is Distech Controls?
Distech Controls is a Canadian-based company located in Brossard, on the South Shore of Montreal (QC), with a European headquarter in Brignais (Lyon), France. We are proud to be part of the Acuity Brands’ family since 2015. Our mission is to connect people with intelligent building solutions for better health, better space, better efficiencies through our forward-thinking technologies and services. Our passion for innovation, quality and sustainability guides our business on a daily basis, as we light the way to a brilliant, productive and connected world.
Why Work for Distech Controls?
Innovative driven company
Open minded company
- Fast-paced company
Modern work environment designed for our employees
- Indoor and outdoor bistro areas, lounges, coffee stations
DCI - Distech Controls Inc. (North American headquarter)
Continuous professional development program
Extensive benefits, including annual performance bonus, group insurance and RRSP program
5 floating days and 3 weeks’ vacation from year one (accrual)
Foosball and ping-pong tables
Situated near quartier Dix30
- Daily fresh fruit
Hot and cold beverages stations
Accessible transportation services including OPUS card reader onsite
Deep frozen meal prepared by culinary chefs
We are presently recruiting for a Building Automation Solutions (BAS) Technical Support Specialist who will work in collaboration with the Technical Support team, Research & Development team and Sales team. You will be responsible for providing exceptional technical support services to our customers by responding to their high level technical questions via telephone or e-mail, including possible onsite visits pertaining to the use of our controllers, solutions and our control systems network management software.
- Respond to technical questions from customers pertaining to the use of Distech Controls controllers , solutions and control systems network management software in a problem solving context.
- Diagnose and resolve problems via on-line or phone
- Update the customer database (CRM) and log internal notes following all customer email/phone ;
- Update and maintain company knowledge base internal and external (Forum, CRM).
- Ensure that customers receive quality and necessary support to solve their problems.
- Collaborate with product development by providing the perspective of the customer on the functionality of our products including voice of customer.
- Communicate suggestions for changes/modifications to the development group according to management procedures and policies in place ;
- Keep up to date with new technologies and products in the field related to the Distech controls product line and industry ;
- Actively contribute to the improvement of available tools and internal processes used by the support team ;
- Provide field support, if required.
- Create articles and populate knowledge base to assist our customers efficiently
- University degree, College diploma (DEC), or a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience, in technical support, IT, HVAC or controls
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in:
o HVAC Systems
o NiagaraAX/4 Framework -a must
o Electromechanical Building
o Instrumentation and Controls
o Process Control
- Relevant experience in the installation of Building Automation System (BAS)
- Programming and configuration of computer networks or IT systems
- Must have a valid passport required
- Ability to diagnose complex problems
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- Great communication skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Structured and organized in his/her work
- Ability to work remotely from a space with minimal distractions
- Leadership and autonomy demonstrated
- Proactivity and initiative demonstrated
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal relationships
- Courtesy and positive attitude
- Demonstrated autonomy, professionalism and sense of responsibilities
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of the BacNetÒ, EchelonÒ LonWorks, Modbus, EIB, or other control system protocols.
- Knowledge of access control and lighting
- Programming and computer network configuration
- Experience and/or qualification in a related domain as a trainer
- IT knowledge (OS systems, networking)
Distech Controls Inc. is owned by Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc., which is located in the United States. These companies share a global recruitment system on which the data you provide will be stored, and which will be subject to the laws of the United States of America.