About Vancouver Island Ferry Company (VIFC) and Hullo
We’re the Vancouver Island Ferry Company, a modern Canadian ferry company transforming how we travel in British Columbia. It’s all about being an easier, faster, and more enjoyable ferry experience.
Headquartered in Nanaimo and operating under our service brand Hullo, we will provide service between downtown Vancouver and Nanaimo. We’re talking comfortable and reliable sailings in around 70 minutes, a seamless booking process complete with reservable seats, and refreshments that will be just that…fresh. Say goodbye to the biggest pain points of travel and be ready to be welcomed aboard with a smile and a “hello”.
VIFC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in our organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and any other category protected under applicable law. We welcome all qualified applicants who contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Hullo Culture
At Hullo, we're all about taking things to the next level! Our obsession with safety and delivering an unforgettable guest experience is only matched by our passion for constant improvement. We don't settle for the ordinary - we encourage our employees to think outside the box, innovate and make waves. With data-driven decision making and a continuous improvement mindset, we are committed to raising the bar in everything we do.
But don't worry, it's not all work and no play at Hullo. We believe that having fun and being engaged are key ingredients for success. That's why we strive to create a dynamic and enjoyable work environment where every team member has a say in shaping the future of the organization. From the top down, we value collaboration and want each person to feel empowered to contribute their unique ideas and talents.
About the Role
Based in Montreal, Quebec the Technical Product Manager will play a critical role in the maintenance, ongoing configuration and growth of VIFC and its booking software. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is passionate about software, is ambitious, self-motivated, tech savvy, and looking to deliver high-value work within a small, and agile team. The Technical Product Manager will have daily involvement with, and support business operations, marketing, technology, and cross functional revenue teams to help drive growth while being fully responsible for the integrity of our new booking platform. Attention to detail, refined problem-solving skills, organization, planning and the ability to create high quality documentation is also deemed critical for this role. Unique to this role, the Technical Product Manager role will have the opportunity to be hands on with various systems updates, and changes and will be expected to conduct changes in our live environment while also developing QA processes, and procedures.
We’re Here for You
We get it – sometimes things happen in life that you can’t control. At VIFC, people are our greatest asset, and we want to support you and those you care about beyond the paycheque. That’s why we’ve created a comprehensive health and wellness benefits program to promote your physical and mental well-being so you can perform at your best. Better yet, it’s flexible since one size doesn’t fit all!
- 100% VIFC-paid premiums
- A robust, flexible health spending account – use it for additional health coverage should you need it and/or to support your personal wellness (like paying for your gym membership, sporting equipment, or activity classes)
- Don’t have a family doctor? No worries – we offer 24/7 virtual access to doctors or nurse practitioners to get medical advice or a prescription
- Support your retirement planning with annual employer RRSP contributions
- Drive meetings with stakeholders and system users to understand, gather, define and clarify business requirements.
- Analyze and document business processes and workflows with the end goal of digitalization and system improvement.
- Create, update, and review diagrams, charts, and other documentation to support the design, development and improvement of technical solutions.
- Manage a small team of Product Analysts based in British Columbia.
- Triage reported system issues and prioritize system fixes, changes, and document the same.
- Collaborate and drive engineering teams to translate custom business requirements into technical specifications.
- Participating in project planning, and estimation, and help drive scheduling.
- Evaluate, implement, and test new or existing systems to identify opportunities for efficiencies and process improvement.
- Research and recommend new technologies, settings and/or solutions that could improve business operations.
- Providing ongoing hands-on support for implemented systems, including high-level and basic troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Communicate with team members and stakeholders to provide updates on project progress.
In short, an ideal Technical Product Manager will perform a wide range of activities to ensure that our essential business systems align with the overall strategic digitization goals of the organization in both the short and long term.
What We’re Looking For
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience showing a pattern of success in technology.
- Past involvement in successfully configuring, maintaining and/or improving software.
- Solutions focused mindset with a desire to learn, build, and improve efficiencies.
- A natural curiosity, humility, and passion for technology, business, and software.
- Product and process oriented and obsessive over details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Open minded, flexible, and a self-starter is a must.
- Able to travel on a regular basis, if needed.
- Committed to achieving excellence!
Job Type: Full-time