Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Aecon Industrial brings seamless solutions to key clients through operational excellence and reliability. With the ability to self-perform across our diverse business offering and a strategic fabrication network, Aecon Industrial proactively and profitably manages projects across a diverse range of industrial business areas. (Renewable Energy, Natural Gas Distribution, Oil and Gas, Water, Mining, Cogeneration Energy, Chemical, etc.). Aecon Industrial is also known for the pioneering of prefabricated piping services to better manage site labour and the integration of specialized coating systems into the fabrication process.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Project Coordinator will play a key role by assisting in project management and coordination of schedules, manpower, customer relations, engineering, etc. Risk analysis: project forecasting, liaising with the owner, are daily occurrences in this position.
- Carries out detailed constructability reviews to develop the engineering design requirements, project schedule, manpower and procurement requirements.
- Plans and implements an engineering and construction program, including defining the project plan, activities, milestones, and manpower requirements.
- Develops and maintains the project schedule and budget for the engineering and construction segments of the project.
- Provides status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Identifies project manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, as built drawings, turnover documents, etc.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities relating to technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Evaluates and recommends design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
- Forecasts and tracks change orders and scope changes.
- Assists and monitors safety programs and statistics as required.
- Writes and reviews purchase specifications and subcontract documents.
- Coordinates all site procurement activities including validation of material specifications, preparation of purchase requisitions, materials material tracking and ensuring traceability of materials when installed in the field.
- Involves actively in quality assurance with regards to understating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Provides estimating and project management back-up as required.
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager.
- Develops and writes reports, business correspondence.
- Drives an inclusive culture to promote equity, welcome different perspectives, and enable career progression by fostering a sense of belonging.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Applicants may be required to demonstrate technical expertise and understanding of processes and compliance requirements in one or more of Aecon's operating markets (Energy, Oil & Gas).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.