Blackbird Security is looking to hire a Bookkeeper to join our growing team at the Vancouver headquarters.
As the Bookkeeper, you will be part of our Accounting team, reporting to our National Accounting Manager. You will work from out Head-office in Vancouver, BC between Monday - Friday during regular office hours. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, possess great time-management skills, and have a good understanding of the generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain an accurate record of financial transactions.
- Update and maintain the general ledger.
- Reconciliation of entries into the accounting system.
- Assisting with and processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Support A/R and A/P functions.
- Provide support to the Accounting Manager as required.
- Data entry.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an accounting tole.
- Post-secondary education in finance, accounting, or similar field is required.
- Able to report to the Vancouver, BC office on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Preferred experience in public practice.
- Tech- savvy and willingness to learn new softwares
About Blackbird Security
Blackbird Security was founded on a mission to offer the professionalism of a large corporation and the flexibility and personal care of a small business. Founded in 2015 Vancouver (BC), our reputation is built by exceeding standards of performance and providing superior customer service to our clients. We are a National Canadian security company servicing clients coast to coast with major branches across Canada's all 10 provinces. Our organizational niche is in servicing large national companies in any Canadian city with a primary focus on providing purposely trained, customer service - oriented security officers. We are committed to bettering the community by providing excellent security services which fit the unique needs of our clients and the communities we serve.
We thank you for your interest in this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6H 3V9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Accounting: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person