Mandeville Operations Management Inc. is the operations company for:
· Mandeville Private Client Inc. - an investment dealer and a member of IIROC; and
· Portland Investment Counsel Inc., an investment fund manager, portfolio manager and exempt market dealer.
These, and other related entities, are wholly owned subsidiaries of the global conglomerate, Portland Holdings Limited, which is a privately-held investment company.
We invite you to become part of this fast-paced, dynamic and strong entrepreneurial environment in the financial services field which will provide you with challenges and opportunities leading to professional growth and personal development. Located in Burlington, Ontario, we offer competitive compensation including excellent Group Health Benefits, RRSP Matching Program, Training and Development reimbursement, Social and Wellness Events and free Indoor Parking.
- Assist in the areas of securities, contract and corporate law.
- Draft correspondence, agreements and corporate resolutions.
- Prepare constating documents for new and existing Canadian companies and limited partnerships.
- Maintain minute books and share registers for Canadian affiliates.
- Compile and review materials for board meetings of various corporate entities.
- Maintain business filings.
- Obtain and maintain extra-provincial registration across Canada for corporate entities including Canadian limited partnerships, securities registrations and insurance agency registrations for Canadian affiliates and all individual registrations of directors, officers and agents of Canadian affiliates.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure proper registration/approval in any jurisdiction where business may be conducted.
- Liaise with Corporate Accounting Department on corporate audit inquiries and corporate insurance policy documentation.
- Prepare responses to questionnaires for multiple jurisdictions and regulators and fund auditors.
- Renew Simplified Prospectus, Fund Facts and offering documents for investment funds, obtain comments from applicable departments and coordinate with outside counsel.
- File interim and annual financial statements, press releases, Simplified Prospectus and Fund Facts and other applicable compliance requirements on SEDAR.
- Obtain and maintain IRS and Legal Entity Identification numbers for investment funds.
- Maintain corporate and individual registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and U.S. states for Canadian affiliates and advisors.
- Prepare and file EDGAR reports.
- Achievement Orientation – A concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Analytical Thinking - Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc. by breaking it into smaller pieces
- Commitment to Continuous Learning - Taking action to continuously learn in order to improve individual professionalism and effectiveness within the organisation
- Conceptual Thinking - The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related
- Expertise - The ability and motivation to expand and use technical knowledge or to distribute work-related knowledge to others
- Flexibility - The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Information Seeking - Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues
- Teamwork and Cooperation -Works cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively
- Bachelor’s degree/college diploma (law clerk/legal assistant)
- 1 - 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in a law firm or in-house legal/compliance department.
- Experience with SEDAR/SEDI/NRD, IARD and EDGAR filings would be an asset.
- Experience with extra-provincial corporate registrations would be an asset.
- Experience with various investment funds and cross border experience would be an asset.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support diversity and equity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, physical or mental disability.
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burlington, ON