The Senior Financial Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support the objectives of the Finance team. This is a comprehensive role that will strengthen the existing Finance team by providing business intelligence to support the decision-making process, to solve business problems. This will be accomplished by proactively identifying issues, simplifying processes, systemizing procedures, and structuring solutions to achieve predictable outcomes.
- A mature approach to Problem solving by diving deeper and considering broader implications.
- Analytical skills to dissect business data to identify trends, problems and win-win solutions.
- Ability to move projects along with a sense of urgency.
- Strong business acumen including a well-rounded knowledge of general business function and challenges.
- Sense of responsibility in upholding confidentiality and protecting the company assets.
- A service attitude that guides interactions within and outside the organization.
a. Financial Planning & Analysis
- Perform complex financial analysis to assist capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Preparation of the corporate and subsidiary budgets and forecasts for acquisition targets.
- Benchmarking company performance and highlighting issues.
- Understand the workings of the reporting system and assist with reporting integrity.
- Prepare monthly forecasts for all subsidiaries
b. Risk Management
- Assist with identifying and explaining budget variances.
- Ensure compliance with policies, tax laws and management decisions.
- Contribute to enhancing the system of internal controls.
- Manage credit risk by monitoring collections, AR balances and support delinquent client resolution process.
c. Management Reporting
- Create monthly/ quarterly/ annual management reports.
- Identify KPIs and build additional reports.
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports to lender and other advisors
- Calculate incentive payments and commissions
- Assist with month-end reconciliations.
- Be a reliable back-up for the Senior Accountant and support financial reporting.
- Ensure compliance with monthly bank covenants/ reporting
- Process custmer payments and refunds
- Assist with annual company valuations
- Manage the employee share purchase program
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Sign off on budgets by Dec 31 of each year
- Publication of monthly shareholder reports by 15th of every month.
- On time submission of monthly and quarterly reports to lenders and other advisors
- Zero penalties or interest from non-compliance and other related duties as assigned.
CMB TEAM SUPPORT
- Be familiar with and follow company policies and procedures as established (Employee Handbook, Finance policies and procedures, etc.).
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and company functions.
- Demonstrate good team player qualities with a positive attitude.
Knowledge & Experience:
- CPA designation (CA, CMA, or CGA track)
- Over 5 years experience in similar role
- Financial modelling skills using advanced excel functions
- Excellent communication skills including ability to write processes
- Strong analytical skills to convert large volumes of data into valuable business insights
- Advanced critical thinking skills to solve business problems
- Professional demeanour and ability to safeguard confidential information
- Team player with the ability to build relationships across the organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Do you have your CPA designation?
- How many years of financial analyst experience do you have?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person