camoIT Solutions is currently looking for an experienced Network Administrator/IT Administrator. The successful candidate will be passionate about providing great support to our valued clients. You will manage the company’s technology operations, policies, and procedures to meet the company objectives. In collaboration with senior leadership, you will create the IT strategic road maps to assist projects. The candidate would assist with hardware, operating systems, provisioning, network integration, investigate current systems and assets, make recommendations, and deliver solutions to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responding to IT support tickets (O365, Network Issues, System Access etc.)
- Maintain essential IT operations, including manufacturing equipment, operations systems, security tools, applications, servers, and hardware.
- Experience/Proficiency with VMWare, Windows Servers, Linux, Active Directory
- Experience/Proficiency with Firewalls, Infrastructure and Environment support
- Experience with Monitoring Tools I.e., Nagios, PRTG, Wazuh or Siem would be an asset.
- Network Support, Design, Management, and Performance.
- Develop, enforce, and manage IT policies, standards, documentation, and business processes.
- Present yourself as versatile, flexible, professional with a courteous and winning attitude.
- Ensures the ongoing protection and integrity of the information systems and technology assets for our clients. (Back-ups, Firmware, Security)
- Manage relationship with contracted Third-party IT service providers.
- Suggesting improvements to security, privacy, and operations.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, software, and industry developments.
- Track and maintain the IT Infrastructure (software and hardware) inventory.
- Own IT projects and solutions, responsible for managing IT projects through complete life cycle.
- Other ad-hoc projects and tasks.
- Candidate must have experience in IT Meetings, Planning, Support, and be able to communicate IT solutions to clients that may not have IT knowledge.
To be successful in this roll:
- Have strong experience in the IT industry.
- Demonstrate experience in Active Directory Administration.
- Show the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Have superior time management and organizational skills.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Are fluent in English, spoken and written. Other languages are an asset.
- Present yourself in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree or Computer Science or Technical Training.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the IT field.
- 3 years minimum in leadership or management in an IT setting.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and Vehicle. On-site work for our clients is required.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: $28.00-$40.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person