Company Department: Emera Inc
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: September 28, 2023
Reference number: 11827
At Emera Inc you’ll be part of an inclusive, respectful workplace where everyone is welcomed and supported. Come build a career as unique as you are: making an impact from Atlantic Canada to the world. Your experience and perspective will help Emera to safely deliver cleaner, reliable energy to our customers.
If working in an innovative environment, challenging yourself, and shaping a cleaner energy future inspires you, we want to hear from you.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our upbeat and collaborative team. Reporting to the Vice President, Audit Services.
More specifically in this role you will:
- Schedule and maintain calendar(s), e-mail, and travel itineraries for senior leadership and respond to routine requests independently;
- Manage expenses of the Audit Services VP, and Directors;
- Oversee daily office activities including but not limited to, scheduling and planning meetings, and department and team events where required (including full coordination of catering and other logistics);
- Review Board documentation for formatting and grammar;
- Process accounts payable including timely execution of invoices, and affiliate billing;
- Coordinate and maintain Audit Services budget and forecast
- Act as the payroll liaison and timekeeper for the Audit team;
- Monitor Audit team compliance requirements;
- Administer the Audit Services SharePoint site, ensuring records retention policies are followed;
- Maintain a filing system, mail and courier delivery;
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve processes, provide quality work, decrease turnaround times, and work cooperatively with the team as well as other Emera affiliates and corporate teams;
- Assist with the activities associated with work plan deliverables;
- Other special projects and assignments as directed.
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
As the ideal candidate you recognize yourself in most of the following competencies, and possess or are working towards the desired skills and experience listed below:
- A minimum of Grade XII education and a recognized Office Administration and/or Business Certificate;
- A high level of proficiency with various software applications including Excel, Word and Power Point and experience with SharePoint, Oracle, and PeopleSoft;
- Experience using Microsoft One Drive, One Note, Sharepoint, and MS Teams;
- Others would describe you as a self starter, a strong communicator; someone who can build and maintain relationships and brings a level of maturity given the interaction with Emera Executives and senior external and internal stakeholders;
- You are a detailed-oriented individual, working to a high standard of accuracy, efficiency and confidentiality. This position calls for strong internal interpersonal skills and a customer focused approach;
- You are highly flexible and positive in nature and must be able to assess priorities and work effectively with a high level of independence.
At Emera, everyone is a leader in their own right. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. As a Payroll Associate, you are committed to developing a respectful, inclusive, and productive work environment while demonstrating integrity and a commitment to operational excellence for our customers.
Why join our team?
- Flexibility: Hybrid work model with flexible remote workdays.
- Health & Wellbeing: A comprehensive benefits plan, 24/7 access to virtual health care services for you and your family through Dialogue access to a free on-site fitness centre, Employee and Family Assistance Program, parental leave top-up plan and wellness benefits.
- Grow Your Career: Opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, a focus on employee development and available sponsored education programs.
- Community Engagement & Care: Corporate investments in the places where our people live and work, mentoring opportunities, fundraising-matching & volunteer programs, and scholarships for children of employees.
- Competitive Compensation: A comprehensive benefits plan, short-term incentive plans and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Emera : At Emera we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through the online application process. Emera supports candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We are committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
While our employees are not required to report their vaccination status at this time, we continue to recommend that employees get their COVID-19 vaccination and stay up to date with boosters to protect themselves, their families, coworkers, and the public. It is important to note that the Emera Vaccine Policy could be reinstated, in part or in full, at any time.
At Emera, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is close to what we’ve listed above, please consider applying. If you don’t quite see yourself in this role but want to join our team, set up a Job Alert to learn about future opportunities!