Job ID: 17864941
Job Category: General Laborer Careers
Location: Trois, QC
Job Title: General Labourer, Fleet Operations
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Department: Fleet Operations
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
If you’re the best at what you do, get paid to do it and come work at Loram. No rail experience is necessary, we will train. In this field-based position, we are looking for people with technical skills in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or machine operations.
These are very exciting times for Loram. We are proud to say we are growing and have continued to expand our business globally. The General Labourer – Rail Maintenance (GL) is responsible for safely and efficiently supporting crew members with the operation and maintenance of Loram’s maintenance machines, equipment, and on track vehicles in accordance to guidelines set forth by the FRA, our customers, and Loram’s rules and standard operating practices.
BONUSES: $1000 after 3 months of continuous employment and another $1000 after 6 months of employment!
PAY: $24.00 CAD PER HOUR + Generous Over-Time
Time and a half is paid after 40 hours per week. Typical work hours are 12-14 hours per day and 70-75 hours per week. Hours may be longer or shorter depending on operational needs. Room for advancement: 90% of General Labourers who are employed with the company for 2 years receive a promotion and 50% will have received at least 2 promotions.
Loram offers medical, dental and life insurance, GRRSP with 100% match up to 9% of your gross income (every $1.00 you contribute, Loram will contribute $1.00), and many other great benefits! There is NO per diem for this position. Employees are responsible for all personal expenses including, but not limited to food, laundry and entertainment. Loram pays for hotel/motel rooms and all work-related travel to and from the job site (flights, buses, etc.).
- Must be able and Eligible to enter the United States for training
- Must be able to travel 100% of the time, including international, using any method of transportation
- Must be able to perform physically strenuous work outdoors in all types of weather
- Work will require extended time away from home.
- Must be available to work irregular hours, including holidays, weekends, days and nights for long periods of time.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning
- Successful completion of a criminal background check, hair drug screen,
physical abilities assessment and motor vehicle record.
- Once a new hire, there is an expectation for a successful completion of Loram’s new hire training class and passing a DOT physical, drug and alcohol screen.
- Loram is a Federal Contractor which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated two weeks prior to start. Individuals with sincerely-held religious beliefs or documented medical reasons may be eligible to be excluded from the mandatory vaccination regulations.
This position is considered a safety sensitive role. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to lift tools and equipment of 75lbs or greater
- Can hang onto grab irons or ladders, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception
If you apply, the beginning stages of communication will be conducted via email. Please check your email (inbox and spam/junk) regularly. If your skills match our requirements, the next step is to complete an assessment, then watch a presentation video prior to a phone interview.
Loram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities.