Who We Are:
Sector Mortgage Management Inc. (SMMI) manages a mortgage investment pool. As experts in the many components of mortgage management, we offer a unique opportunity for learning the intricate financial practices behind mortgage loans.
Join our team today and start a rewarding career in financial services!
What You’ll Do:
SMMI is looking for an ANALYST or an EAGER NEW GRADUATE with a FINANCE background to join our team as a full-time Financial Analyst!
- Passionate about financial analysis
- Curious about the mortgage, loan process, and investment real estate process
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment driven by results
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
What We Offer:
At SMMI we truly value our employees. Some of the ways we show support and appreciation for our employees include:
· Competitive salary
· Employee benefits
· Work/Life balance
· Year-end performance bonus
· Learning and growth opportunities
· A positive and enjoyable company culture
- Conduct credit underwriting;
- Analyze loan summaries;
- Present initial findings to the VP and Portfolio Manager;
- Perform an initial review of new loan summaries and underwriting documents;
- Analyze operating statements, rent rolls, lease summaries, financial statements, market information, building inspection reports, appraisal reports, environmental reports, leases, etc. deemed pertinent to the mortgage deal being considered;
- Prepare cash flow summaries based on receipt of the aforementioned items;
- Conduct market research and comparisons as required in order to prepare Credit Brochures;
- Completion and accuracy of Credit Brochures;
- Ensure all funding documents are reviewed for accuracy and acceptance, as required;
- Coordinate finalization of loan renewals;
- Ensure documentation is properly saved in respective team sites as they are received;
- Establish market contacts and nurture relationships as conduits for information (e.g. Altus, CBRE, Avison, Colliers, etc.);
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
· In this role, you will work alongside and report to the Portfolio Manager.
- Completed post-secondary education in Finance or related field;
- Completed Canadian Securities Course (CSC) would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in real estate underwriting, mortgage underwriting, or financial analysis is preferred;
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Strong financial analysis skills with an understanding of commercial property financing;
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to effectively prioritize;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- High standard of ethics and confidentiality to handle client information.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, please be aware that only those applicants selected for the next steps will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Albert, AB T8N 5A9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What are your salary expectations?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person