Robins Appleby LLP is a downtown mid-sized business law firm. We provide a wide range of legal services including: Business Law; Estate & Succession Planning; Litigation; Real Estate; and Tax. For over 70 years Robins Appleby LLP has provided practical legal advice to entrepreneurs, businesses, financial institutions and foreign companies conducting business in Canada. Our personalized approach guarantees responsive service and - most importantly - builds the committed relationship expected from a trusted advisor.
Robins Appleby offers an environment that encourages mentoring, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates and challenges employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving personal and firm goals.
LEGAL ASSISTANT – Condominium and Subdivision Team
We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate group.
Our ideal candidate will provide support to the Condominium and Subdivision team and have experience in various aspects of real estate law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With direction, complete administrative tasks related to builder sales of units in new condominium projects and subdivision lots
- Process and maintain purchaser deposits including monthly reporting to bonding companies
- Conducting subsearches of title
- With direction, preparation of occupancy and final closing packages
- Draft, review and proofread correspondence, documents and forms ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain tickler systems to monitor key dates for task management
- Schedule meetings and co-ordinate appointments as required
- Organize, open and manage client files
- Ensure time-sensitive documents are managed effectively
- General administrative duties including scanning, faxing, and binding
- With direction, complete off title due diligence inquiries
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma program
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a condominium/subdivision real estate practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Teraview
- Working knowledge of Conveyancer
- Working knowledge of Lawyer Done Deal
- Experience working with a document management system, e.g., IManage
- Possess well-developed organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with ease in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills help you to build relationships and provide excellent client service
- As a confident self-starter, you work well both independently, and in a team environment
- Operate with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Show good judgment and respond well to constructive feedback.
We offer a professional and collegial work environment, and a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is competitive.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to [email protected].
At Robins Appleby we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- legal assistant: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5H 1T1