The job of the Contracts Administrator will involve reviewing all bid packages and Requests for Proposals for potential contractual risks, developing scopes of work for tender packages and reviewing all bid forms for accuracy and risk management, managing the handover of projects to Construction and coordinating with Executive Management in the award of trade contracts. You will also assist in the development of schedules and costs recovery as they relate to claims, review, comment and manage any trade extension and delay claims, keep updated on the latest Contract legislation and contract type changes/amendments, and liaise with Legal Departments when required.
- Provide administrative support and coordinates the documentation and meetings required to finalize agreements between the company and its subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review all Tender Packages and Requests for Proposals for potential contractual risks.
- Coordinate with the internal parties to ensure all submitted bids and scopes are complete.
- Review design-build specifications to ensure the adherence to contractual requirements of Contract.
- Assist bidding processes including completing “take-offs”, responding to quantity enquiries, performing detailed estimates, and organizing sub-contractor bid submissions.
- Develop scopes of work for tender packages and review all bid forms for accuracy and risk management.
- Update Bid Forms on an ongoing basis with new developments within the industry.
- Provide detailed Bid Levelling of various trade bids submissions.
- Coordinate with Executive Management in order to assist in negotiations of Contracts as directed.
- Coordinate with Executive Management in the detailed negotiations and award of trade contracts.
- Ensure the completeness of scopes of work and Contract compliance.
- In coordination with the Contracts team, prepare Trade contracts.
- Ensure to obtain Certificate of insurance and WSIB certificates at time of signoff.
- Assist in the development of schedules and costs recovery as they relate to claims.
- Coordinate and communicate with Construction for the generation of extension and delay claims as they relate to contracts. Manage the claims process in its entirety.
- Review, comment, liaise and manage any trade extension and delay claims.
- Coordinate with the Construction team when placing trades on notice of delay and/or deficient work. Coordinate with the management teams for corrective and remedial action.
- Keep updated on the latest Contract legislation and contract type changes/amendments.
- Review for completeness and be responsible for the sign-off of all trade contracts on a regular basis. Ensure adherence to specifications and protocol.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest contract legislation and liaise with legal counsel.
Qualifications & Education
- The candidate ideally possesses:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a construction related field.
- 3 to 5 years experience with Contracts Administration.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, written and verbal.
- Good knowledge and understanding of building contracts.
- Good knowledge of construction, techniques and methodology.
- Ability to work in a highly competitive market with extremely challenging target and timelines.
- Good knowledge base of industry standard CCDC contract types and building codes.
- Strong understanding of standard industry terminology, specifications, and general practices.
- Proficiency in drawings review and general interpretation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular with Excel, including use of Macros and Formulas.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON L4K 5Y4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Contracts Administration: 3 years (required)
- Construction industry: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person