The Machinist works with metal and other materials and operates lathes, milling machines and other tools to produce products to a required finish and size to meet production demands and customer requirements.
Why Prairie Machine?
- Competitive compensation packages with yearly performance reviews!
- Pension matching!
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits!
- Employee family assistance program!
- Referral bonus program!
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions, tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set-up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specification using precision measuring instruments
- Ensure the cleanliness and deburring on parts as required.
- Apprentice/Journeyperson or equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years of production and machining experience is considered an asset
- Experience with Toshiba, Heidenhain or Fanuc controls
- Experience with ERP Systems
Prairie Machine is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of equipment, battery operated electric vehicles and technical solutions for heavy industrial and mining industries. Internationally recognized, Prairie Machine is a leading manufacturer of heavy industrial machinery and machine components. We are a full-service machine, welding, fabrication, and heavy industrial assembly shop located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We are an innovative company focused on safety with great employees producing high quality products.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person