The success of COGIR Immobilier is based on good teamwork between the various departments and on all the people who have joined the company for more than 25 years.
Reporting to the Director of Legal Services and Credit, the candidate will be responsible for carrying out the tasks related to the representations of the various owners of multi-residential buildings and seniors' residences (RPA) under our management. She will have to assist the members of the team and carry out the tasks of a legal nature and the projects that will be assigned to her. The person in the position must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The position is temporarily based in Brossard (until July) and then in downtown Montreal.
- Any other tasks assigned to him by his team
- Assist the Director of Legal and Credit Services
- Legally support and respond to general managers and regional directors in their daily management issues
- Manage the legal files that are under his responsibility with a minimum of supervision
- Management of various legal requests from operations in the multi-residential sector and residences for seniors (RPA)
- Prepare and assist witnesses for hearings before the TAL
- Preparing and drafting pleadings
- Representation, in demand and in defense, before the Tribunal administratif du logement (TAL) and/or before small claims and on appeal to the Court of Quebec in disputes of any nature and which may be complex
- Research and apply case law and applicable laws
- In-depth knowledge of real estate law (multi-residential / RPA)
- Knowledge of legal procedures for debt collection
- AEC or DEC in paralegal technology or Bachelor of Laws (***not a member of the Barreau du Québec)
- Minimum experience of 5-8 years in proceedings and representation before the Administrative Housing Tribunal, small claims and the Court of Quebec
- Oral and written bilingualism is required
- Knowledge of JurisEvolution legal software (an asset, possible training)
- Mastery of Office Suite software (Outlook, Excel and intermediate Word)
- Keyboard speed
- Knowledge of Hopem software (an asset)
- Travel to various judicial districts in Quebec
- Yearly salary to be discussed.
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible hours
- Group Insurance
- Telemedicine for you and your family
- Sick leave
- Special leave
- Social leave
- Annual vacation (recognition of previous work experience)
- Court Travel Expenses
- Continuous training and skills development
- A career!
- Recognition program
- Free parking
Permanent: Full Time