The Implementation Manager, (Power/Mechanical) reporting to, Senior Manager, is accountable for managing capital projects related to implementation of Northwestel power and mechanical systems, green energy initiatives and building systems driven from an understanding of business needs. The Implementation manager determines the most cost-effective method for accomplishing project needs from general information, user requirements, planning input; resulting in the development of detailed engineering plans, estimates, budgets, specifications, and schedules to implement new systems and technologies.
Implementation (75% of role)
- Designs and develops detailed plans according to company standards for capital projects including unit testing & exception handling, developing installation specifications and detailed cost estimates including support packages consisting of support procedures, training, spares and vendor support.
- Creates implementation schedules, procures materials or contracted services, creates tender/contract documents, develops work schedules and priorities (for internal staff and/or contractors).
- Ensures work is being done to specifications and contract documents and meeting timelines set out, monitoring of capital budget expenditures; performs systems testing and acceptance of project. Evaluates skills and engages both internal personnel (or) contactors to perform work functions. Conduct work site inspections and maintains build quality through audits.
- Documents the work throughout the life of the project as well as file any “as-built” network construction.
- Submits Requests for Change (RFCs) including Methods of Procedures and Roll Back plans for Network Changes associated with project work; as well as participating in Change Advisory Board meetings as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Provides third level technical support to various projects and areas of the organization.
Capacity and Asset Management (20% of role)
- Manages capacity and availability of power, mechanical and building assets to ensure planners have information to develop technology business plans.
- Tracks, generates, and maintains asset information required for planning purposes including predicting replacement, enhancement of assets based on age, return on investment, performance and capacity while developing best practices (CNPs).
- Provides support through Incident Management including assisting in resolution of any escalated incidents and resolution of reoccurring incidents or problems with the current network.
Business Planning (5% of role)
- Provides input and solutions to Strategic planners, steering teams, and the portfolio management team. The Implementation Manager is a key contributor to the strategic planning process.
- Develops Implementable plans including descriptions of the underlying business need and solution, as well as a high-level estimated project plan including resourcing, cost, timeline, and business value.
- Assesses technological business needs on a case-by-case basis, utilize that assessment to develop business cases for technological solutions.
- Maintains technology menu through approving devices for specific applications including IOS versions and levels; maintain, support, and enforce technology approval process.
Knowledge and Skills required
Completion of Relevant Engineering Degree, Technical Diploma, and/or Trades certification with 2+ year’s relevant experience:
- Basic knowledge of AC power generation, control, & distribution systems
- Basic knowledge of DC power systems, including batteries, rectifiers, DC/DC converters.
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy power systems.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Basic knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage budgets (capital project & on-going maintenance expense)
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.