On behalf of our client, a thriving regional law firm, we seek a Securities Paralegal. In this role you'll assist your department with drafting, reviewing, and analyzing securities-related transactions; preparing, completing and managing securities filings; and all other matters related to corporate and securities transactions. You'll be an integral part of a busy and thriving practice group, and a member of one of the area's top employers.
Our client offers a robust and generous compensation package including highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (including generous paid time off, pension program, and other initiatives).
- Assist securities transactions (e.g. private placements, public offerings, and takeover/issuer bids)
- Prepare and manage securities filings via SEDAR+/SEDI, BCSC eServices, OSC’s Electronic Filing Portal, TSX Securefile, Canadian Securities Exchange, CDS – CUSIP Applications
- Prepare, complete and manage other securities filing with respect to Exempt distributions (e.g., Form 45-106F1), Exemptive relief applications, TSXV/TSX filings
- Assist with filing fees, filing timelines, form completion, etc.
- Assist with managing transfer agency matters
- Research securities-related issues (e.g., exemption orders, continuous disclosure filings, precedent materials)
- Develop precedents (e.g., filing transmittal letters, fee checklists, summaries of continuous disclosure filing requirements)
- Draft routine filings and continuous disclosure documents, including Material Change Reports; Early Warning Reports; Initial drafts of AIFs, Management Information Circulars, etc.
- Prepare documentation to incorporate, amalgamate, continue, and dissolve corporations
- Prepare documentation (resolutions, etc.) in the context of corporate transactions and continuous disclosure obligations
- Undertake projects as may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- A Paralegal certificate or diploma from a Canadian school, plus 7+ years of experience as a Securities Paralegal with a Canadian law firm or legal department
- Ability to work independently and handle large transactions while maintaining high quality work product
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing deadlines
- Detail-oriented – excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Strong document production skills, advanced level of proficiency in MS Office, including document management and comparison systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
For more information, please apply today.
You may be interested in this job if you have Canadian experience in the following: business law, public companies, securities, corporate law
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. We are only able to respond to those who meet the above Requirements, and are selected for interview.
Please note that offers of employment may be subject to background checks, and that all applicants must, at the time of their application, be eligible to work in Canada and reside within a reasonable distance to regularly commute to the location of the posted job.
We encourage you to visit us at www.hunterwest.ca as our list of Current Opportunities is more comprehensive and updated regularly on there! We also invite you to connect with us to learn more and to access our expertise and our connections during your job search.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- Canadian Securities Paralegal: 2 years (required)
- Canadian law firm/legal department: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9