We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant – Litigation Labour & Employment to join our Edmonton office. Please review the following and if this sets out that perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dictation, drafting and filing court documents.
- File preparation and management.
- Book court dates, questionings and communicate with other parties.
- Conduct searches and carry out investigation through internet and other means.
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress.
- General administrative duties including entering time and preparing accounts.
- Other duties as required.
- An understanding of various litigation proceedings.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently with paralegals, lawyers and clients.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Graduate of recognized Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk program preferred.
- Minimum two years’ litigation experience
If you’re interested in this position, please reach out to Sonia Naeem at [email protected]