Fortinet, a global leader and innovator in Network Security has the following job openings in our Engineering team. Fortinet seeks a Business Development Engineer with cloud technologies focus. BDE is a sales engineer who will be responsible for having a deep technical understanding of Fortinet’s advanced security products with the capacity to convert that knowledge into a high-level conversation with our clients.
The BDEs cloud will have the capacity to demonstrate how Fortinet’s Fabric can be leveraged to increase a customer’s protection and defense against cybersecurity attacks by mitigating risks across multiple platform and attack vectors, in multiple cloud scenarios (public cloud, multi-cloud and hybrid cloud).
They must understand multiple customer market segments (Such as finance, retail, education, government and so on) and how each market segment will have its own different environment and requirements. BDEs will have a clear understanding on how they can achieve Fortinet’s vision of offering customers a broad, integrated, and automated way to secure users, applications, platforms, processes and edges everywhere, making possible a digital world people can always trust.
They will work with Public Cloud business development managers to create and support strategic go to market presentations allowing for increase opportunity pipeline. The BDE must also liaison with Fortinet’s expert CSE and field SE to understand client technical requirements and topologies and provide feedback into next steps.
The BDEs must have sales and technical skills and they must perform activities such as show how our products could be employed to protect from the traditional on-prem to cloud network perimeter, to be able to advice best practices and architectures supporting the sales initiatives and create meaningful assets (whitepapers, presentations, videos, etc) to replicate these knowledge to sales teams, partners and customers.
They must understand and must be able to construct solutions that will protect deployed customer services and workloads. Solutions must be built to allow for integration using Fortinet’s Fabric but also allowing the capacity to expand to third-party customer solutions. Emphasis must also be placed into allowing customer to build a mature cybersecurity architecture that can protect and respond against advanced persistent and constantly evolving internal and external threats.
The BDE team will also provide product management with real-world feedback such as customer
needs aiding with product growth.
- Work closely across both internal sales and engineering teams to collaborate and coordinate efforts providing knowledge that can be used to improve products and influence sales strategy at the territory, account, and opportunity levels
- High-Level Customer facing presentations on Fortinet’s Products can be used to create a mature security architecture.
- Technical dives on how Fortinet’s Fabric allows for cross platform integration to provide additional visibility and automated responses to current threats
- Translate customer technical requirements and market needs into a set of products that can be used as a solution/architecture.
- Execute Internal sales presentation to both commercial and engineering teams on how to position new and current Fortinet products.
- Provide technical reviews of proposed solution designs for customers
- Create technical documents, white papers, videos, press briefs and demos, that can help the field sales and marketing teams to impact the products and solutions adoption
- Perform high-level technical presentations to both sales and engineering internal teams on how to position new and current Fortinet products in order to positively influence sales within the region
- Establishing trust and alignment with BDMs, Partners, Cloud Service Providers and Ecosystem Partners, providing expert advice on the design and architecture of solutions
- Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements and solutions
- Identify and promote new reference architectures and use cases based on business requirements and opportunities, leveraging all Fortinet Security Fabric portfolio.
- Work with Product Management Teams to help identify product and solution challenges, trends, competitors, to help understand specific market needs and influencing sales campaigns
- Build a competitive analysis, understanding top market players, their products and solutions, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Expert advice on the design, architecture, and implementation of solutions
- Support sales activities on the defined region (Canada) as a strategic and high-level regional technical resource for strategic pre-sales engagements and key opportunities
- Provide pre-sales technical support and trainings to Fortinet Sales representatives, Fortinet resellers and distributors, in order to positively influence sales on the defined region (Canada)
- Work with Fortinet’s marketing teams to help understand specific market needs in order to drive the appropriate activities that can impact positively market’s perception towards Fortinet.
- Create technical documents that can help the partner base to perform better/quicker/ demonstration demos to effectively show Fortinet’s products strengths.
- Create/Modify/Translate competitive documentation that can show in a convincing way why Fortinet has a superior technology and product portfolio versus competitors, highlighting benefits to the customer
- Be part of the internal engineering communities (Tech Teams, Mailing lists) and assist others within or outside the region
- Ability to work effectively, to add value as a team member, and collaborate with a variety of teams such as engineering, sales, product management and customer support.
- Coordinate and run demo lab required by customers, in order to shorten the sales cycle and effectively highlight Fortinet’s advantages over competitors
- Be a spokesperson, appropriately representing the company at public conferences, media and partner/Fortinet driven events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Anti-Virus.
- At least 3 years of experience on engineering presales activities working for a cloud service provider or security company, including: Sales meetings, Proof-of-concepts, Technical trainings, product sizing, solution design, assisting on creating sales proposals (with sales persons) and answering RFPs / public bids.
Previous experience (at least one year) working with End Users on the assigned territory (Canada).
- At least 1 cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, GCP) architect level certification track.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with Virtualization, Cloud Computing platforms and Software Defined Technologies
- Desired skill with programming/scripting languages like python, html, bash.
- Desired DevOps/SecOps experience.
- Desired product certifications on Networking, Firewalls, VPNs, IPS, Antivirus, AntiSpam, URL Filtering or Vulnerability Managers; that can be from Fortinet or from other competitor products is a plus.
- Oral and written communications in French is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills oriented to details.
- Ability to be autodidact and learn new knowledge areas on his/her own.
- Proven track as problem solver.
- Highly organized. Capable of working and multi-tasking across multiple projects and very good on project documentation and to create technical documents.
- Exceptional presenter. Strong ability to present to audiences of all sizes, either at technical level or management level (up to C-level).
- Self-motivated, with ability to work without direct supervision.
- Adaptable and flexible, operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work and take quick decisions under pressure.
- Regional and international travel required.
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Availability to travel on short notice.
- An independent information/network/computer security certification from CSA, SANS, (ISC)2, ISACA, BS7799/ISO17799 is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working on distributed teams is a plus.
- Previous experience working with channels and/or with an assigned quota is a plus.
- Bachelor / Engineering degree on Computer Science, Electronics or Telecommunications
granted by a university recognized by the local Education System and/or Education