Spend your days surrounded by the beauty of Lake Simcoe. With opportunities across the Resort at the Nest Golf Club, the Marina, with our Culinary, Food and Beverage, Landscape, Housekeeping and Recreation Teams, as well as at FH Fine Food and Starbucks at Friday Harbour. Working at Friday Harbour is unlike anywhere else. Be a part of the action, contributing to this one-of-a-kind Resort and always providing an exceptional guest experience.
- Complimentary golf (friends and family rates for your Guests)
- Complimentary use of recreational equipment (canoeing, kayaking, Fat Bikes, snowshoes, skates, etc.)
- Discounts at Friday Harbour retailers and restaurants
- Group medical and dental benefit coverage
- Company matched pension plan and optional savings plans
- Employee Assistance Program and Headspace App
- Friday Harbour partner discounts
- Training and development opportunities
The Property Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting in managing the successful operation of the housekeeping services for the resort. This position will help to ensure a premium standard of presentation and impeccable cleanliness. This role has an overall responsibility for supervising a shift in the housekeeping department in cooperation with the Property leadership team. Reporting to the Property Services Manager, this position provides guidance and direction to Colleagues.
- Oversee daily department operations in housekeeping, including start of shift briefings and room assignments
- Assist in leading a team of full time, part time and seasonal Colleagues.
- Assist in planning, ordering, receiving, and stocking all necessary cleaning and toiletry supplies
- Responsible for helping to coordinate the cleaning of residence units, laundry services, general common areas and waste collection
- Ensure resources are available for guests including but not limited to pool towels, dining linen, rental unit linen, custom garment cleaning
- Assist in collecting and distributing soiled and cleaned linens and towels
- Execute on requests for hotel style cleaning services for residences and condo rental units
- Ensure that service standards are met by Colleagues in all areas
- Serve as an individual contributor and department role model by performing technical or functional job duties such as assisting guests with directions or cleaning
- Work with the leadership team to ensure Colleagues are trained and clearly understand their job roles, responsibilities, and performance expectations
- Address guest concerns, requests or issues and follow up on accident reports
- Provide constructive feedback to Colleagues to help them develop their skills
- Collaborate with Property Services Manager to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve department performance
- Ensure that department goals are communicated, understood, and met by Colleagues
- Coach and counsel Colleagues on work related concerns to ensure satisfaction and productivity
- Assist in preparing and presenting performance management documentation to Colleagues
- Issue and distribute uniforms and ensure Colleagues are following grooming standards
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or degree in hospitality, travel and tourism or related field an asset
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role within the hospitality or resort industry
- Minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be computer literate. Preferred candidate will have previous experience with resort management software, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely responsible with integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period or for an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, and pulling
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces
Join our team and make every day feel like Friday.
- All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Friday Harbour is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Friday Harbour is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Friday Harbour is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact the Human Resources department with any accommodation requests.