We are currently recruiting for a variety of Legal Assistant positions to join some of Toronto’s top law firms. You will have legal experience in one or a combination of real estate, corporate, tax, patents, and civil or commercial litigation. In addition to having a strong client service focus, you have strong communication and organizational skills , attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities. You are able to work independently and collaboratively with the team in a kind and respectful manner while treating sensitive and confidential matters with discretion. These are immediate openings in Toronto, ON that offer excellent compensation packages and the flexibility of a Hybrid work environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Handling all administrative duties such as drafting letters, coordinating meetings, processing invoices and expenses, etc.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries and conducting follow up as required.
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system, as well as providing appropriate reminders.
- Preparing initial drafts of routine documents based on precedents, revisions, comparisons, track changes, etc.
- Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and updated on a regular basis.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, etc.; working with other related Departments/services internally to provide documents and other materials on time to meet client needs.
- Other projects and duties, as assigned.
Core Skills & Requirements:
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk course.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ working experience in any of the following areas of law: real estate, corporate, tax, patents, civil and commercial litigation.
- In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Technology-savvy with excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (i.e., Elite and iManage).
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proof reading and accuracy are required.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume in confidence to Vance Fitzsimons at EStaffSearch quoting Legal Assistants in the subject line of your email.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this Legal Assistant roles.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON