Company Overview: Req ID: 252098 NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now. NTT DATA's Client is seeking a Test Automation Engineer to join their team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA). REMOTE!
Job Description: This position will report to the IT Quality Assurance Test Manager, and has the potential to be assigned to one or more high-priority, enterprise-level development projects for web-based, mobile and/or client/server applications used by internal customers and/or the company's field agent workforce.
The primary goal of the Test Automation Engineer will be to help the Client's department build up a stable and highly reusable automation framework/accelerator to accommodate a variety of suites of automated test scripts to perform regression and smoke testing on both our critical Customer-facing and Business-facing applications. This role will require someone with the experience to help drive and champion test automation processes throughout our team, as well as, throughout the organization. We are looking for someone who has a combination of the strong technical capacity needed to develop these test scripts and enable team members to automate tests with the strategic vision needed to drive processes and advocate for automated testing.
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of 1+ test automation efforts.
- Evaluates systems and/or applications and organizational tools and determines candidates for test automation and instrument framework design to accommodate a variety of web-based, client-server, REST/SOAP services, mobile and ETL automation features.
- Co-Design functional, non-functional and performance automation framework to accomplish on demand and testing through CICDCT.
- Displays strong aptitude for Continuous Integration/Continuous Development/ Continuous Testing practices by creating and executing scripts, as well as, reporting results.
- Strong design implementation of testing multiple applications in a variety of environments.
- Design test data management through automation for test data creation and maintenance through implementation of different strategies in the framework/accelerator to accommodate different test data creation needs to serve a variety of functional test and performance test automation.
- Architecting framework components to be able to integrate performance tests in a CI/ CDCT environment.
- Identifies opportunities for automation of new applications and architecting solutions to bring them into the framework/accelerator design.
- Demonstrates flexibility in learning new products and technologies quickly, as well as, the versatility to move across platforms and/or applications as needed.
- Engages with QA testing peers, as well as, other organizational stakeholders to understand test automation framework/accelerator goals and requirements.
- Implements automation of web, client-server, REST/SOAP, mobile and ETL automation into the framework.
- Implements CICDCT pipelines for automation code and owning the code merging activity into master
- Owns and implements test data management across a variety of applications/platforms and interfaces with other teams for status reporting.
- Implements automation status dashboards by application, type of testing (functional automation and performance automation) and environment for status gathering.
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of industry standards, trends, and developments.
- Keeping up to date with the industry standards and direction and be capable of doing POCs to implement new technologies changes in accordance with industry.
- Participates in technical discussions with senior management for critical technology decisions while showing proof of value metrics.
- Participates in requirements reviews and test planning meetings.
- Accomplishes high reusability through industry standard best practices.
- Accomplishes high test case automation coverage by running an active test case candidate review program.
- Acts as the peer reviewer for standards adherence in automation.
- Owns the environment code health determination and build propagation from dev to qa environments.
- Introduction of culture of automation to manual testers as consumers and establishing and running an active knowledge transfer program to accomplish it.
- Participates in test risk analysis and test automation estimates and provides key KPI metrics.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Consistently communicates test automation activities and results to both the QA testing team, as well as, project team and IT management.
- Supports handoff of test automation scripts to the QA testing team and/or the Development team(s) once each project has completed.
- Instructs QA and other organizational team members (i.e. Development, Business Analysis, Business users, etc.) on test automation techniques, methods and value-add propositions.
- Provides for test automation metric reporting.
- Records time accurately in organizational time-tracking tool to assist with capacity/demand planning.
- Identifies, communicates and implements service improvement opportunities.
- Understands the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and its various phases. This includes: Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing (QA/UAT), Production Readiness, Post-Production Monitoring.
- Understands the Quality Assurance and Quality Control phases of the Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC). This includes: Test Planning (Requirements Analysis, Devise Test Strategies, Provide Estimates), Test Design (Create/Review Test Plan(s), Create/Review Test Cases, Identify/Create Test Data), Test Execution (Execute Test Cases, Create/Triage Bugs, Status Reporting, Provide Requirements Traceability), UAT Support and Production implementation support.
- Understands IT Quality Assurance testing terms and methodologies (e.g. White Box vs. Grey Box vs. Black Box testing, Integration vs. System testing, Regression testing, etc...)
- Has experience working in a Traditional (Waterfall) and/or Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Experience designing and/or utilizing test automation frameworks for web, client, and/or mobile applications.
- Experience utilizing open-source test automation tools (i.e. Selenium) with familiarity in other proprietary tools (ex. Ranorex, UFT, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of selenium integration with Appium and/or Winnium for mobile testing.
- Experience with object-oriented concepts and design.
- Experience defining Page Object Models (POMs).
- Experience creating object repositories and identifying dynamic element xPaths.
- Knowledge of web protocols and services (i.e. HTTPS, TCP/IP, WSDL, SOAP/REST services, etc.).
- Knowledge of data-interchange formats (i.e. JSON, XML, etc.).
- Proficient in 2+ programming languages (i.e. C#/.Net, Java, SQL (Microsoft, Oracle), etc.).
- Proficient in understanding different data-binding techniques using variables and/or parameters.
- Experience with source control processes using integrated development environments (i.e. Team Foundation Server, Eclipse, etc.).
- Experience implementing test scripts within a Continuous Integration and/or Delivery pipeline within Test, Staging and Production environments (i.e. Hyper-V, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience with test management tools (i.e. Microsoft Test Manager, Client ALM, Jira, etc.).
- Experience with database management tools (Microsoft SQL Server Mgmt. Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, etc.).
- Experience with API/Web Service testing tools (i.e. SoapUI, Postman, etc.).
- Experience with ETL/Data Warehousing tools (Informatica Power Center, SQL Server Integration Services, etc.).
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to present technical information to all audience levels.
- Exhibits critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and present information in a training setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Seven (7) or more years of responsible experience in an Information Technology environment utilizing multiple subsystems, including at least three (3) years of test automation experience.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Infrequent travel required
About NTT DATA Services:
NTT DATA Services is a recognized leader in IT and business services, including cloud, data and applications, headquartered in Texas. As part of NTT DATA, a $30 billion trusted global innovator with a combined global reach of over 80 countries, we help clients transform through business and technology consulting, industry and digital solutions, applications development and management, managed edge-to-cloud infrastructure services, BPO, systems integration and global data centers. We are committed to our clients' long-term success. Visit nttdata.com or LinkedIn to learn more.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
Where required by law, NTT DATA provides a reasonable range of compensation for specific roles. The starting hourly range for this remote role is $50.00 TO $70.00.
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target compensation for the position across all US locations. Actual compensation will depend on several factors, including the candidate's actual work location, relevant experience, technical skills, and other qualifications. This position may also be eligible for incentive compensation based on individual and/or company performance.
This position is eligible for company benefits that will depend on the nature of the role offered. Company benefits may include medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending or health savings account, life, and AD&D insurance, short-and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program with company match, and additional voluntary or legally required benefits .