POSITION: Divisional Assistant (Competition #2023-49)
LOCATION: Community Planning, Oxford County Administration Building
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
REPORTING TO: Director of Community Planning and Administrative Assistant
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
WAGE RANGE: $27.29/hr - $34.11/hr ($49,667.80 - $62,080.20 /annually).
Provides professional and confidential administrative support to staff within the Community Planning Department, including supporting legal processes, documents, customer service, procurement support, records maintenance, and performing general office duties.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- Post-secondary education from a secretarial/clerical program or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience supporting services and programs. Experience working in a municipal environment is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience supporting legal documentation including solicitor real estate transactions, easements, leases, constructions contracts, and registered agreements
- Ability to demonstrate the required competencies for this position in alignment with Oxford County’s competency framework.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple deadlines, changing priorities, and pay attention to detail while taking direction from multiple individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team.
Please note that vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement as a condition of employment, subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated, a documented medical reason may be considered, including whether a medical reason is permanent or time-limited.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically via e-mail at: hr @oxfordcounty.ca
Please include the competition # and position title in the subject line of your email.
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
Oxford County is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the Corporation. Oxford County promotes representational and employment equity to represent and serve our communities well. Oxford County is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and other equity-seeking groups. Oxford County is committed to fostering an accessible and equitable recruitment process for all applicants. The County will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to ensure the applicant’s full participation if requested. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. If you require any document in an accessible format, contact us via email, in person, by telephone, or in writing using the contact information below.
More information at https://www.oxfordcounty.ca/jobs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.29-$34.11 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-29