As a Legal Assistant, you will provide legal administrative and clerical support to lawyers in various practice areas. Experience in the areas of Corporate Commercial and Litigation matters is considered an asset. If you have 2+ years experience in a law firm environment, have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated and eager to learn, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to addressing the importance of diversity and inclusion and fostering a workplace that reflects the strength and diversity of our community and our clients. If you identify as a member of a diverse group, including any of the following designated groups, we encourage you to self-declare in confidence within your cover letter or resume: Women, Indigenous Peoples, Members of the 2SLGBTQ+ Community, Persons with a Disability, Visible Minorities.
We are committed to providing barrier-free access and engaging in accessible employment practices. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to any of the materials or activities used throughout our selection process.
- Draft, transcribe, and revise correspondence and legal documents from instructions and precedents;
- Proofread, edit, and format documents;
- Maintain an established filing system, manual or electronic;
- Open and close files, conduct conflict searches, regular entry of lawyer timesheets and billing;
- Liaise with staff, clients, outside agencies, and the general public;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times; and
- Other duties, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant or Paralegal program;
- 2+ years experience in the areas of Real Estate and Corporate Commercial matters is considered an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (typographical, spelling, grammatical, word usage, and formatting errors);
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task, display initiative and use sound judgment;
- Ability to work well independently and follow instructions with little supervision;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office; and
- Ability to maintain confidential information and discretion.
Pitblado Law offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package, including a RRSP/DPSP plan.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, stating salary expectations by applying online at: http://www.pitblado.com/careers
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
COVID-19 vaccination (fully immunized status) is a condition of employment.
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- Corporate Commercial Legal Matters: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person