Norseman Structures has been in the protection and shelter business for over 100 years, starting with the fabrication of outfitter and exploration tents in the 1920s. Today we deliver a wide variety of ShelterSolutions to customers in virtually every industry, in a variety of climates, anywhere in the world.
We are looking to add Fiercely Reliable Laser Operator to our team.
The Laser Operator converts a Parasolid to a Tube Laser program, sets-up, operates and monitors the Tube Laser. Observes control panel indicators, controls, gauges and other instruments to detect malfunction and ensure correct operation of the equipment according to Mazak owner’s manual and NS production process specifications.
- Ensures implementation and adherence to health and safety regulations; promotes safety and encourage safe work practices.
- Maintains quality manufacturing practices and processes; follows defined procedures/inspection criteria, and takes appropriate action on actual and potential problems.
- Applies Mazak 3D FG-CAD/CAM software to convert a SolidWorks Para-solid into a program for the machine to process each part item.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, blueprints or prototype parts
- Verifies dimensions of components for accuracy
- Inspects, labels and packages all raw and completed products.
- Records labour activities in iERP system to manage costs and schedules.
- Values that align with company culture: Integrity Matters, Think Like a Customer, Be Quick but Don’t Hurry, Small Details are Huge, Take Care of Eachother
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Able to read and interpret blue-prints and tape measures (imperial measurements) is required.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Experience in the Machinist trade & or work with CNC equipment considered an asset.
- Experience in programming CNC equipment considered an asset.
- Overhead crane training/experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with fabrication tools (ie. Band saw, IW, angle rollers, etc) is considered an asset.
Exposure to Lean Manufacturing and ISO standards are considered assets.
If you are a team player with a positive attitude who is looking for an opportunity to broaden your skills and grow your career, please visit our website at www.norsemanstructures.com/about-us/careers/ to learn more!
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Indeed. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person