Mathews Dinsdale & Clark LLP is seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional administrative qualities to join our fabulous team in Calgary.
Mathews Dinsdale is Canada’s only coast to coast national boutique law firm specializing in Labour & Employment law. We have offices in Halifax, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria, Sarnia, and Sault St. Marie, providing the opportunity to collaborate with those colleagues across the country. We offer a dynamic, interesting, and fun environment that is team-oriented and collegial.
We are seeking a full-time administrative assistant to support our Calgary office from May through August. This position will provide you the opportunity to expand your professional network and experience base. Preference will be given to those applicants who have previous experience as a Legal Assistant or Administrative Assistant or are currently enrolled in an associated post-secondary program. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Support multiple lawyers and legal assistants in an established management, labour, and employment law practice, with a scope that includes arbitrations, Labour Board hearings, OHS prosecutions, collective bargaining, human rights matters, and employment litigation related court proceedings.
- Perform reception and office management duties along with other assigned duties, including, but not limited to, greeting clients and answering telephones, setting up meeting rooms, receiving and distributing incoming mail, completing electronic bank deposits, arranging for couriers, and submitting office supply orders.
- Organize and maintain physical client files as well as the document management system, perform clerical, administrative, and general office duties including taking calls and managing correspondence from clients.
- Carry out job functions efficiently and accurately, including when under strict deadlines.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, efficiency, and productivity in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Detail orientated with excellent proof-reading skills.
- Punctual, hardworking, and efficient.
- Ability to take initiative and go the extra mile to add value.
- Open and willing to learn new skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and contact information in confidence to Vienna Cale at [email protected]. We appreciate all interest in this opportunity, but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-05-01