We have an opening for a full-time precision Machinist with recent years of experience. Avanti offers a rewarding career in a collaborative environment with exciting technical challenges and supportive colleagues. We offer an attractive benefits package and a gym on-site. Join our amazing Team today.
Avanti Aerospace & Engineering Inc. is a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO), approved for performing maintenance, repair, and overhaul of aircraft engine and dynamic components, including welding and NDT special processes on North American and European aircraft.
- Applicants attend an in-person interview.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, prior to applying for the position.
- Location: Langley, BC.
- 40 hours per week. Monday to Friday.
- Permanent full-time.
- Employment schedule: Day, Some Overtime, Start 7:00 a.m., End 3:15 p.m.
- Salary to be discussed at interview.
- Available as soon as possible.
Education: BCIT Machinist Foundation or equivalent from a recognized Canadian institution. Machinist Red Seal Endorsement.
- Recent manual lathe/mill experience.
- Milling machine, engine lathe and CNC machine experience.
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments.
- CNC VMC experience an asset.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, tables and other written instructions.
- Set up and adjust production machinery tools.
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance.
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports.
- Additional details at time of interview.
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- Able to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
Security and Safety: Clean criminal record check will be required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Light duty work. Fast-paced environment. Clean innovative facility.
Personal Suitability: Initiative. Accurate. Excellent oral and written communication and record keeping. Dependable. Mature. Motivated. Meticulous. Team player with effective interpersonal skills.
The skills tests are part of the application process. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$41.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Machinist: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location