Lawson Lundell LLP is a leading regional Canadian business law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary and Yellowknife. The firm is recognized and respected by its peers in legal and business publications and was recently named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2023. Business in Vancouver also recognized Lawson Lundell LLP as the fastest growing law firm in Western Canada.
Lawson Lundell LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Asia Pacific Group in our Vancouver office. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player who would like to work with lawyers in our Asia Pacific Group, within our busy Corporate department. The regular working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- Preparing and typing up various correspondence and documents
- Typing in support of corporate and commercial transactions
- Time entry and billing
- Maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system
- Maintaining a full calendar, email management and managing lawyers’ practice
- Liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress
- General administrative duties as required
- Legal Assistant certification from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Able to organize and prioritize workload in a busy work environment
- Displays extraordinary customer service in a professional, mature and courteous manner
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken English and composition, spelling, grammar and editing skills
- Ability to speak Mandarin is an asset
Exciting perks and benefits of working at Lawson
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, out of country, life, ad&d
- Fitness Benefit: reimbursement for fitness equipment or fitness membership
- Paid Time Off: vacation time starts at 3 weeks, personal days, sick time, and a volunteer day every year
- Financial Benefits: defined contribution pension plan matched by the firm, RRSP, TFSA, year-end bonuses and an employee referral bonus program
- Education Benefits: The firm has a policy for education reimbursement
- Fun Environment: annual year end party, happy hours, staff appreciation week, Asia Pacific group team retreats and lunches, and many other social events
- Flexible Work Hours
- Awards: long term service (bonuses & extra vacation)
If you are a professional, motivated, hardworking team player with a positive outlook and would like to share your expertise with us, please submit your resume with a cover letter to Linda Kilkenny, Human Resources Advisor.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in Lawson Lundell LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.