Purchasing and Warehouse Coordinator, AlumaPower Corporation
Do you want to be part of a revolutionary new company developing products based on a patented technology that can reduce society’s reliance on fossil fuels by creating a new kind of clean fuel?
If yes, you may be the perfect candidate to join us at AlumaPower, a well-funded cleantech start-up based in Southern Ontario, Canada.
AlumaPower’s breakthrough technology re-invents the aluminum-air battery as a ‘galvanic engine’ – an innovative long-life energy source that runs on recycled aluminum as a fuel. It produces only water vapour and heat as emitted by-products, while providing at least 4 times the energy density of lithium-ion batteries.
AlumaPower’s patented technology will introduce recycled or ‘clean’ aluminum as a fuel source displacing hydrocarbons and complementing other battery solutions such as lithium-ion.
You will have extensive experience in sourcing, purchasing and receiving a wide range of mechanical, chemical, and electronic products and components. Your role will also include purchase order generation, vendor relationship management, expediting, warehouse and hands on goods receiving. You will have exceptional organizational skills and have worked with, and contributed to, the continual improvement of a purchasing system.
You will be comfortable working closely with established and prospective vendors, to facilitate the efficient flow of goods into our rapid prototyping facility, and to maintain the necessary documentations ensuring quality and jurisdictional compliance. You will have had significant input to vendor selection, and managed in-full, or in-part, the purchasing process - from requisition, to goods receipt.
As a member of the Supply Chain Management team, and supporting the AlumaPower organization in executing the procurement and receipt of materials, you will work closely with various department managers to develop transparency and process efficiency. Regular interaction with the vendor base is expected, ensuring positive vendor relationships and timely corrective actions.
You will take a proactive approach to meeting demand requirements, identifying needs, and gaps in our tools and controls. Your ability to multitask and develop multiple channels of communication will be essential to client satisfaction.
Above all, you will be wishing to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and have a hunger to grow personally within the company.
If this sounds like you, then you’ll have the following attributes, experience, and skills:-
- Coordinate the sourcing and purchase of goods and services through purchase requisitions and follow through with the supply chain cycle.
- Experience of customs procedures and the generation of waybills for the purchase of product, and the shipping of finished goods from and to Canada.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships to maximize service performance.
- Expedite materials and communicate timeline changes throughout multiple departments.
- Physically receive incoming inventory from couriers, ensuring parts match the quantity and quality specifications of what was procured.
- Deliver goods to end-user or specified shelf locations for stock.
- Enter packing slip receipts into our inventory management system.
- Warehouse experience (labelling shelves, putting away inventory, organizing material).
- Assist departments in sourcing prototype components, and work with suppliers to select the correct product for the application.
- Resolve price discrepancies, part quality, and invoice issues.
- Assist in entering new inventory items through Autodesk Vault and Quickbooks.
- Control and track inventory flow through multiple site locations.
- Degree in business/supply chain or related field.
- 3-5 years of sourcing, purchasing and shipping experience.
- Experience in custom requirements for shipping & receiving.
- High attention to detail.
- Familiar with ERP systems, and fluent in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar in sourcing raw materials, MRO products, and electrical components.
- Negotiating skills and cost oriented .
- Familiar with import/export compliance and documentation needs.
- Passion for providing high quality service to internal stakeholders.
- Strive for continuous improvement and personal growth.
- Able to multitask and perform under tight deadlines.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.
- Some travel to production/supplier/testing facilities primarily in Southern Ontario or the Northeast US.
- You must be fully permitted to live and work in Canada.
- This is a Full-time role.
- Casual Dress.
- On-site Parking.
- Paid Time Off.
- Health Benefits
- Purchasing, Inventory Management (3+ Years)
- Post-secondary Diploma / Degree in Supply Chain Management
- English (Required)
- Fluency in French will be considered an asset.
If you apply to this role, we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, your personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
We’re committed to a barrier-free, respectful, and accessible work environment. If we select you for an interview, and at your subsequent request, we’ll endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate you if you have any disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sarnia, ON N7T 7H5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person